DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight and THIS Happens...

My home flight area is primarily over a wide, deep murky river. As a x motorcycle rider I know not to over ride my skills or the motorcycle abilities. I try to fly Mavic in same manner.

So why did I fly out beyond 3 miles and often fly 5 ft. or so over water. Answer...Trusting Mavic and what I see in my mini iPad. Mavic builds confidence. It's the adrenaline rush we chase. It's the "What Ifs" that keep me awake nights.

It's not losing the drone, it's telling my wife that would puts knots in my stomach.

Reactions: gobama84
Was it here or on DJI forums, New Mavic owner- Guy was complaining after he, I quote- "I threw it high enough in the air, & the thing didn't even try & fly, just fell to the ground".
I think he must have watched that EGG drone? commercial!

So I lost the fear of flying after about 4 to 5 flights. I actually trained on some manoeuvres like doint a square, M, a circle point outward in wards, sprint to stop etc. Didn't really took it far away until flying was second nature :)

I learned to fly indoors with a UDI 808a. Also flew patterns outdoors. Glade for time flying inexpensive drone before launching Mavic.

I find the Mavic relaxing to fly. I also fly racing drones,so this is slow motion flying,and I like it for a change of pace.

I was nervous at first and didn't leave my 4 acres the first few flights. Now I feel confident flying all the way around lakes like this to video some awesome scenery where I live. I had ISO set to auto so I could concentrate more on my flight, so it's not perfect.These are ungraded images, iMac screen shots from video at 2.7K/30

DJI_0060.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 7.47.14 AM.png

Last edited:
So, I launched my Mavic Pro for the very first time yesterday...and it performed flawlessly! No gimbal issues, no falling out of the sky, etc., just performed as it's supposed to perform. I bought it in May...and yes, you read that correctly, flew it for the first time yesterday, after extensive reading of the manual and familiarizing myself with many of the rookie mistakes found here on the forum.

Thanks to all of you that flew yours within minutes of opening the box. You helped me to avoid many mistakes. And yes, I will continue taking my time with it. I really don't need a thousand dollar paperweight.
I'm the same mine purchased in April never flown. I live next to a major Airport and don't have transport to a site thats outside of the area. I too have read the manual many, many, many times I feel I could repeat it word for word ;-)

Reactions: Doyleh13
I was nervous at first and didn't leave my 4 acres the first few flights. Now I feel confident flying to 1600' above home point and 2 miles away, all the way around lakes like this to video some awesome scenery where I live. I had ISO set to auto so I could concentrate more on my flight, so it's not perfect.These are ungraded images, iMac screen shots from video at 2.7K/30

View attachment 17819

View attachment 17820
Wow they are Stunning !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31