DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight in Sport Mode

I reserve sport mode to get me out of a high wind situation. There are situations where I want to get video and the wind is a necessity element. I use sport, not to shoot, but to get home.
An example...

Reactions: Chip and NITEWULF
I reserve sport mode to get me out of a high wind situation. There are situations where I want to get video and the wind is a necessity element. I use sport, not to shoot, but to get home.
An example...
New'ish to the forum, rainy morning so I am doing a bit of background reading. Nicely done sir, but I don't think I seen your example of Sport Mode for the return flight per the comment

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I always like to spend the last 5 minutes of battery doing a bit of close-in Sports mode flying! It really sharpens the skills and you can get some great footage too.
I hadn't considered the additional stress put onto motors and the gimbal, so i'm a bit shocked by thunderdrones comments, but I guess the bags of faulty gimbal motors speak for themselves!

4 bags of the hundreds of motor assemblies I have replaced View attachment 65783
This does bring into question about what caused the failure in the gimbal. Is it the braking, the rapid acceleration, or something else that is causing the failures. I have a Pro Platinum and have used Sport Mode to cover larger projects so I don't have a 11 minute section of video on a single side of a building. Any speculation on what the bringer of gimbal demise is?

sports mode is a lot of fun, and has really saved my tail when I hit some unseen wind. can be nerve wrecking, but keep an eye on your altitude and you shouldnt worry about obstacles.

Something I learned flying ultralights years ago.
Altitude is your buddy!

Hi, is sports mode bad for the done can it be too hard on the motors?
be easy on the gimbal. have the drone off with the gimbal lock in place when putting filters on. hold the gimbal in place when removing/ placing gimbal lock on. I have no problems with sports mode yet. the tiny ribbon will wear out eventually... lots of great YouTube repair advice! like doing a watch/ phone repair. my best advice: use a loupe?

Obtained my MPP in November and haven't flown as much as I would like as I have only logged just over 5 hours flight time. I am extremely cautious flyer and have greatly enhanced my knowledge through this forum.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and did a small test run in Sports Mode. Wow what a difference!!! Speed, stick sensitivity, etc all greatly enhanced.

After a couple of straight runs in sports which induced a massive spike in my heart rate I returned to P mode and landed.

While very exilerating I must admit it is something I wont be doing often. I can see why Sports Mode is the destroyer of drones
Flying in sport mode also turns the oa off, so be careful.

Also, stopping distances are extended. Which is why Object Avoidance is turned off. By the time the sensors have detected the object the drone is probably too close to stop at the speeds sport mode is normally used for.

Reactions: sharkface
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada