DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight - Man that was scary.

Mr. Moe

Reactions
Got my drone delivered this morning at work. Charged up batteries and controller, Watched a ton of you tube videos. Got home did my first flight.. man that was the most scariest thing I've done in awhile. Got that out of the way time for a few more flights before I take her out of beginner mode. Lol

Your first flight out of beginner mode will be as scary as your first flight. All of a sudden you realize how fast these things can go. And then there's sport mode which is a whole 'nother thing.

Reactions: Mr. Moe
Hey Moe, did my first tonight, freaking intense! These things are Epic! I never got above 25ft...so yeah....lots of trees around.

I felt the exact same way. If you take typical precautions, you won’t have any problems.
Just make sure you understand the RTH settings and making sure your home point is set and know how to get out of any programmed mode if you need to

Got my drone delivered this morning at work. Charged up batteries and controller, Watched a ton of you tube videos. Got home did my first flight.. man that was the most scariest thing I've done in awhile. Got that out of the way time for a few more flights before I take her out of beginner mode. Lol
Wait till you send it out a couple miles, and see it return..

Yeah, it's a bit scary, it took me a while to get the nerves under control, wait until you take it out about a mile or so for the first time, that's fun too,
but it just gets better, enjoy !!

Welcome to the MPPs Mavic Pro Pilots forum alot of good information here.
My only advice is take ur time with her....And make sure your props are secure
happened on my second flight [emoji43] . I did manage to recover the prop once it came back down , a good thing I left my gimbal cover on ...I woukd have been buying a new gimbal
.Enjoy your Mavic

Congrats! This bird still gets my anxiety levels up every time I take 'er out. Reminds me I'm still alive... you kinda get used to it.... kinda. ;)

Reactions: Mr. Moe and JMF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+