DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight Tomorrow!

DukeBlueZion

Reactions
I picked up my first drone ever on Black Friday at the DJI sale - M2 Zoom. Got my drone registered with FAA, ordered my stickers from reclaimdrone and read the manual and watched lots of videos. Still have a lot to learn. Have tinkered a little with the controls in the yard but I’m sure I’m going to stay in beginner mode for a while :)

I’m going to a big county park here in South Florida tomorrow. I’m still trying get the hang of all the apps....I have the kittyhawk, AirMap and B4UFLY but they all are a bit confusing. I got my laanc approval for tomorrow and hope I did it right. I could not get the AirMap laanc to work but I was able to get it on the kittyhawk app.

Couple screenshots:

7-BF3-D9-CB-0508-4-A9-C-B40-D-51760-DC8-F5-B7.png

39414-ABF-9-F8-F-4-D69-A287-C466-E848-B3-E0.png
[/url]

Does this look ok?

I have a couple of batteries and will just keep it close by under 30m or so. I assume it’s best to just start recording as soon as you go up? I have a samsung Evo plus 64gb micro sd card in it.

Anything else I’m forgetting? Thanks!!

:)

I would just add to make sure you do your preflight check list throughly, in that you don’t want to miss anything in all that excitement of your 1st flight. “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast”, just take your time and keep your situation awareness during all aspects of your flight. Have a great time.
Blue Skies from SoCal
P.S Charge all batteries(AC and RC)and format SD card;)

The only thing I can think of why you might have had an issue in Airmap was that your flight plan might have included the square to the right with a flight altitude exceeding 200ft.
When previewing an area before submitting an actual plan, Airmap will show advisories/warnings for all areas in view on your screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada