DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight-unable to get aircraft status to Ready to Go

StuRam

Reactions
Hi all, ok so I have no experience of flying drones (yet), so excuse the really stupid issue I am going raise.
I have purchased the Mavic Pro and following the quick start guide I cannot get the aircraft status to ‘Ready to Go’ on the RC. The RC states GPS mode. When I put on the app it states that Disconnected and I have failed in all my attempts to connect.
I am pretty sure the issue is with me, but I was expecting launching the aircraft would be fairly straight forward so maybe there is an issue with the drone.
Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hi all, ok so I have no experience of flying drones (yet), so excuse the really stupid issue I am going raise.
I have purchased the Mavic Pro and following the quick start guide I cannot get the aircraft status to ‘Ready to Go’ on the RC. The RC states GPS mode. When I put on the app it states that Disconnected and I have failed in all my attempts to connect.
I am pretty sure the issue is with me, but I was expecting launching the aircraft would be fairly straight forward so maybe there is an issue with the drone.
Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
OK, I for one will take it, it's had its compass and IMU calibrated, firmware updated, dji app installed, what you using? Phone? Type? Android? Ipad? Ios /apple, outside yeah? Switch on controller, switch on drone, can take a minute or so, put in beginner mode? You watched any videos? " Good one to follow is one by Ed Ricker on YT, but calibrating, do it outside.

I was having that same problem until I remembered to attach the usb cable between the controller and the iPad.

...The RC states GPS mode. When I put on the app it states that Disconnected...
This normally means you have a communication problem between the RC and phone/tablet. Try:
• a different cable
• if using the RC USB port, make sure the short cable is not plugged into the side of the RC
• make sure your USB cable is for data and not for charging only

You should also let us know what you are using for a display. There may be particular fixes for that device.

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses. I am now up and running. I am still having intermittent issues with my mobile iPhone 6 not connecting to remote, but I believe that is more to do with mobile.
My first flight had the beautiful Edinburgh castle in the background. Amazing.
I will no doubt have some other teething problems I will seek advice on.
Thanks again for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada