DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first impressions of the Air vs the Mavic....

I’m not sure what the reviewer means by folding down the antenna....”having to remember to fold and unfold the antenna is something we haven't done on devices in 10 years”

On the front arms, the two folding landing extensions, those are antennas, they need to be folded down to get the best range. But they need to be folded up to fold in properly

Reactions: Fried Toast
On the front arms, the two folding landing extensions, those are antennas, they need to be folded down to get the best range. But they need to be folded up to fold in properly
I certainly hope they are not antennas

Personally I wish one day that DJI would just provide a case that will be able to carry all the crap they give you in their fly more bundle’s, which has not happened yet! So for me I never end up using the nice cases and I would have certainly like to have avoided the cost of getting yet another case for the dam thing!
Well this one does, except maybe the prop guards but it's not like you always need those with you.

AND they give you a seperate smaller case for the AIR
The idea behind the little hardcase is likely to be able to toss it without anything else (apart from maybe a battery or 2 in the stretch part in the back) then operate it directly from phone without rc à la selfie style they were advertising for the spark for smallest possible setup.

I actually prefer that hardcase to the bag, so unless i need to carry the charger too I'll take that. I bought a similar little hardcase (for Mavic Pro, many available and dimensions are same) for the controller.

The charging hub is indeed annoying, you just can't line up these batteries correctly in the dark without trying 10 times. And they fall/disconnect both from the hub and charger direct too easily.

The front landing legs (that you need to extend to prevent the camera from touching the ground) do contain the antennas.

..Personally I wish one day that DJI would just provide a case that will be able to carry all the crap they give you in their fly more bundle’s, which has not happened yet'

Every piece of my fly more for the MP fits in the carry case DJI provided. There is a process to getting it to work but it works.

Hi

Has any one recived the mavic air fmc in red from jessops. I heard there was a delay from DJI is this true.

Well my red fmc is on its way now from DJI was posted Monday and being delivered this morning by dhl.

Wow..the body is about the same size as the MP controller.... So I'm wondering about prop noise compared to the Mavic Pro. Any comparison yet?
There is a couple videos out there looking at the DB rating vs. the Mavic. I'll have to see if I can find them again. General consensus though seems to be that Decibal wise the Air is a bit louder but the area that really makes it stand out is the pitch of the noise coming from the props which seems to be at a much higher frequency, presumably from the smaller motors and props. Its the one thing that has me personally on the fence about the air. I want something small and non intrusive and if the noise calls people to look up into the sky and stare then I don't know if it will fit my needs.

Edit, here is one of them:

Ah...I just read that. Was somewhat concerned about the durability of the wire due to the opening & closing

because im a tinkerer at heart, I took the landing gear off and was happy to find that the antenna wire is actually not a wire, its a metal contact panel, so when you flip out and back the antenna legs, it slides across a metal contact panel, so theres no bending or moving of an antenna wire.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi