DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First New look of FAA Memorandum 2019

Am I the only one to comment that I see no big reason to fly in an air space that might endanger planes and airline passengers? Maybe I am just naive, but I try as best as I can to not fly within 5 miles of my big city airport (Miami). Last week I did a flight over the waterway where cruise ships leave the port, and soon after I landed, a seaplane roared by at about 300 feet! I almost was up there nearly at the same time a few minutes earlier. That would have been the last thing I would have imagined- to be in air space where commercial pales are flying.
I am a newbie, so just count me as inexperienced, but I have never even attempted to call an airport control tower to get flying permission. I am just too afraid and chicken.
Same with me. I live within 4.75 miles of a Class D airport. I have more than 1.5 years experience flying, safely following all the rules. I call the tower & local sheriff's office every time to ASK if it is OK to fly for one hour at my location. I get an "OK" from the tower & a "thank you" from the sheriff's office every time. About three weeks ago, a small single engine plane roared over my house at less than 200'. Luckily, I was at 50' hovering my MP over my driveway. I never heard or saw that plane until it was about 100 yds away & coming fast. After that happened & I changed my skivvies & I called the tower about that plane. They had no idea when or where or how that may have happened nor could they care less. I don't fly as much from my house now as I would like to...

Mavic Pro for Sale
Used 1.5 years; 2 crashes but fixed professionally & multiple parts replaced by InovativeUAS in Scottsdale AZ, which makes this UAV almost new.

Parts Included with Sale:
Batteries - 3
8331F props - 1 set
OEM props - 1 set
Single Batt Charger
Remote Control
Tablet Adapter for RC
Carrying Case
Assorted plugs
(Just kidding!)
~

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case