DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First problem with a MavicPro.

dsops

Reactions
Hello, I'm a happy owner of a MavicPro. In two years I had no problems at all... until yesterday. Two times in the same day, executing the auto landing, the drone started descending before navigating over the home point, (some hundred meters distance). Fortunately I realized what happened and I land it manually (usually I did not follow it during the auto landing). Has anyone an idea what happened?

Sounds to me that the home point was recorded at the point of decending and not where you think is was.

It has never happened to me.

I only noticed last week that the connection between my phone was lost but I was still able to use the controller to land normally.

Ruudf

I always wait the application to say: the home point was recorded. On the other hand I cannot believe the home point may be recorder after more than 15 minutes of fly. It is strange and a bit scary. But I remember during the fly it changes to atti for a few seconds. It was full open air, with no apparent interferences in the area.

The home point it picks is usually some distance from where it took off. It could possibly be the controller home point also.

I keep mine turned on to precision land.
That way after it flies to bout 20 feet,
Records the home point, and I’m away.
It usually lands closer than 6 inches from exact start point...

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Welcome from Chicago the Windy City.
Have had my Pro for 4 years now, never had that problem.

Hello, I'm a happy owner of a MavicPro. In two years I had no problems at all... until yesterday. Two times in the same day, executing the auto landing, the drone started descending before navigating over the home point, (some hundred meters distance). Fortunately I realized what happened and I land it manually (usually I did not follow it during the auto landing). Has anyone an idea what happened?
As usual, the solution to the mystery will be in the recorded flight data.
It will show exactly what happened.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

It seems like time to recalibrate those sensors involved in RTH - Sonar and Video! - Fixed the same problem for my MP... Use the correct DJI assistant 2 app from the website to suit your MP.

I have had my MP for about 3 years...this issue has never happened to me. I suggest as Meta4 to provide for flight files for some of the experts here to analyze. They will no doubt get to the root of your problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman