DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First proper flight..buzzin, I’m buzzin

choo choo

Reactions
After spending what seems like months grounded due to weather and work, only managing very short ‘getting to know my Mavic’ flights I finally managed to get thro 3 batteries filming a beautiful 12th Century church near my home. Had a whale of a time using as many of the modes as I could.The sun shone, the birds tweeted, the heady aroma of spring was in the air, even the bell ringers we’re doing there stuff. IMG_6296.JPGIMG_6291.JPG

After spending what seems like months grounded due to weather and work, only managing very short ‘getting to know my Mavic’ flights I finally managed to get thro 3 batteries filming a beautiful 12th Century church near my home. Had a whale of a time using as many of the modes as I could.The sun shone, the birds tweeted, the heady aroma of spring was in the air, even the bell ringers we’re doing there stuff. View attachment 37258View attachment 37259
Nice pics! I especially like the second one

Well done. Ive been in the same boat if only for these past two weeks and found that frustrating enough. What dry days I have had proved to be windy. I flew in the moderate wind but realised its not ideal. Good to have the sun back, I bought it in the African blowtorch mini heat wave and its done little but rain ever since

Reactions: choo choo
Well done. Ive been in the same boat if only for these past two weeks and found that frustrating enough. What dry days I have had proved to be windy. I flew in the moderate wind but realised its not ideal. Good to have the sun back, I bought it in the African blowtorch mini heat wave and its done little but rain ever since

Yup, it was either too windy, too wet, too snowing, too dark, too much working or a combination of the lot. Thanks to Ken Heron On you tube for comedy relief and Russ from 51 drones for his great instructional vids.
I feasted on this forum and you tube like a starving man seeing a Big Mac & fries.

Reactions: ToddR
After spending what seems like months grounded due to weather and work, only managing very short ‘getting to know my Mavic’ flights I finally managed to get thro 3 batteries filming a beautiful 12th Century church near my home. Had a whale of a time using as many of the modes as I could.The sun shone, the birds tweeted, the heady aroma of spring was in the air, even the bell ringers we’re doing there stuff. View attachment 37258View attachment 37259
Good for you sir...great pictures!

Yup, it was either too windy, too wet, too snowing, too dark, too much working or a combination of the lot. Thanks to Ken Heron On you tube for comedy relief and Russ from 51 drones for his great instructional vids.
I feasted on this forum and you tube like a starving man seeing a Big Mac & fries.
I'm a big fan of Russ or 51 drones too, maybe because he's quite new to drones and the Mavic, he seems to explain it clearly whilst I find some seem to forget things they take for granted because they no longer really need to think about it. I also like Ed Ricker, Ikopter, and Tom's Tech time for filming techniques. Yeah, winter will be frustrating. Fortunately I actually enjoy Davinci Resolve free editing software which I will try to save for winter and work on editing then.

Reactions: choo choo
I'm a big fan of Russ or 51 drones too, maybe because he's quite new to drones and the Mavic, he seems to explain it clearly whilst I find some seem to forget things they take for granted because they no longer really need to think about it. I also like Ed Ricker, Ikopter, and Tom's Tech time for filming techniques. Yeah, winter will be frustrating. Fortunately I actually enjoy Davinci Resolve free editing software which I will try to save for winter and work on editing then.

Thanks for those ‘heads ups’, I’ll have a look at them for when it rains.

Nice shot, love the 2nd one especially, looks like a cool place for some amazing photo opportunities.

Nice shot, love the 2nd one especially, looks like a cool place for some amazing photo opportunities.

I’m going to return later and try and get some really scenic shots. The Church is on a hill and the view around stretches for miles. Tomorrow I’m going to film one of our railway swing bridges swinging back after being opened for boats. Image1525539224.035287.jpg Here’s a photo of two of them I took a few weeks ago. Image1525539306.475695.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute