DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time Crash!

Well I Had my first Crash. I didn't think it was possible but it happened. I was just flying between two trees and it started floating to the left and before I knew it it was behind the Tree and I lost visual on it and it dove into the tree. I didn't have time to push the Pause button. I was surprised! To my amazement I didn't hurt anything just a couple of Scratched up props. I do wish it had Obstacle Avoidance all round. Will be more careful in future. Just thought you might want to know. Take Care Tech14 out.

My first crash today too.

Came low to get a cool video approaching a large tree lit by the sun. Backed up to get a slow run in and passed behind a tree. Turned out to be larger than I thought and I backed into the tip of the tree is was passing. My new Mavic Pro got trapped in the leaves 4m off the ground. The tree was down a steep grassy bank. And I was on crutches with a leg in plaster. I scrambled down the bank, but could not climb.
A passer by came down the bank, climbed the tree and shook the branch for me. The Mavic fell into soft grass on a steep bank.
No damage apart from chips in a prop. Flies like a charm with a new prop. Phew! lesson learned. Fly forwards into a set up position!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143