DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 First time filming a fast moving object. Mate on a Yamaha Superjet

Skurfer

Reactions
Took the Air 2 on a camping trip to the Murray River in Victoria Australia. Took a heap of footage which when I get time I will put into a video of the whole trip.

In the meantime I quickly chucked a video together of me trying to film a mate on the Superjet. Was trying to be a smooth as I could be on the controls in sports mode. Definitely need a larger screen than my phone to make the filming easier. I feel an Ipad Mini would be great as you could see a lot more when filming fast moving objects and needing stay on the move.

Anyways here is the video. Hope you like it

Nice job Chris, certainly looks like fun.

Of all of your videos to date, your “Big Desert Victoria Trip” is probably my favourite. It has a great variety of shots, lots of scenic and action clips and you’ve done an excellent job editing it up (keeping it moving fast and telling the story - taking me on the journey).

Reactions: Barbara
Took the Air 2 on a camping trip to the Murray River in Victoria Australia. Took a heap of footage which when I get time I will put into a video of the whole trip.

In the meantime I quickly chucked a video together of me trying to film a mate on the Superjet. Was trying to be a smooth as I could be on the controls in sports mode. Definitely need a larger screen than my phone to make the filming easier. I feel an Ipad Mini would be great as you could see a lot more when filming fast moving objects and needing stay on the move.

Love the speed!

Not always "Cinematic" wins the race, sometimes the winner is "Speed". Love it! Nice music!

Nice job staying with him, not sure why you jump off a jet ski though.

Great video! I need some flying tips. At 1:50 or so in the video you went from looking like you were flying straight forward to going almost sideways. How was that done?

Thanks for all your replies. I love flying the drone and coming from an RC heli hobby background I find the flying aspect fine, the filming on the other hand I am still yet to find my feet comfortably. THen don't get me started on editing haha. Still yet to find that artistic bone in my body haha. Been watching a head of other drone videos and stalking many of the youtube channels from people in here to get ideas of different shots to take.

Nice job staying with him, not sure why you jump off a jet ski though.

Thanks. It was his first time ever trying a stand up ski so was struggling a bit with the balance once standing up which is pretty normal. If you haven't tried one before they are a little counter intuitive compared to riding a motorbike if that is what you are used to, and like most people that start, lean to one side and can't get it to go back the other way as turning into the lean like you would on a moto doesn't always stand the ski up if you don't do it with a bit more power on haha. He got the hang of it after a while.

Great video! I need some flying tips. At 1:50 or so in the video you went from looking like you were flying straight forward to going almost sideways. How was that done?

I have been practicing that while chasing the next door neighbours kids around on their dirt bikes. You need to be flying faster than the object you are chasing, then with the left stick start turning the drone to keep the object in the frame, and at the same time with the right sticks, slowly transitioning from straight forward flight to flying sideways while maintaining the overtaking speed you are looking for. When you are inline with the object you need to slow down a bit as you are no longer wanting to overtake your subject.

I did try a few times to transition from rear, around to the side then to the front in a sort of semi circle around the ski but each time before I got to the front they would either turn or crash haha.

Reactions: Tufargon
I have been practicing that while chasing the next door neighbours kids around on their dirt bikes. You need to be flying faster than the object you are chasing, then with the left stick start turning the drone to keep the object in the frame, and at the same time with the right sticks, slowly transitioning from straight forward flight to flying sideways while maintaining the overtaking speed you are looking for. When you are inline with the object you need to slow down a bit as you are no longer wanting to overtake your subject.

I did try a few times to transition from rear, around to the side then to the front in a sort of semi circle around the ski but each time before I got to the front they would either turn or crash haha.
Thanks for responding. Looks like I've got a LOT of practicing to do lol. Great job btw!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi