DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time Mavic Air owner

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: WildHarleyGuy
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: WildHarleyGuy
Yes I am.
First thing I did was take it to a field nearby and just get used to the controls. Never mind the camera and fancy stuff, it takes time adjust to how it flies. I started getting comfortable right around 3 hours of flight time and then I started getting used to the camera after that.

You should practice flying it far enough away so that it's hard to tell whether it's coming and going and also up high, which is kind of weird at first. I'm a handyman by trade and it's just about gaining confidence with a new tool and learning what it can and can't do without breaking it.

Among the more challenging things is that when it's flying away the controls are easy left equals left, right equals right. But when it's coming towards you, those are reversed. You need to get used to that.

When flying without thinking about it becomes relatively easy, then you're ready to take on more interesting stuff because you'll know what it can do and you'll have the muscle memory to react properly if something goes wrong.

Yep it's my first and I am stoked. However, I understand that you can buy quieter propellers for the Mavic Air.
Really? I don't find it overly disturbing but I was unaware of quieter props. Who sells them and are they worth it?

Just got an Air for Xmas and it's sick!!
Looking forward to tips, tricks and things to make me better and using all the functions on this baby!
Bill
Same here WildHarleyGuy, for my Mavic Air too for Christmas and its crazy fun, studying for my 107 now! Have fun and keep it in the AIR. Oh and welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum, @Mudge!

Reactions: Mudge
Really? I don't find it overly disturbing but I was unaware of quieter props. Who sells them and are they worth it?
DJI dont make them as far as I am aware, be very careful with 3rd party propellers as poor quality will result in malfunctioning drone ... I am not an expert on this, however I haven't heard too much positive reviews coming so far.. I am sure there was a dedicated topic on this on the forum ..

DJI dont make them as far as I am aware, be very careful with 3rd party propellers as poor quality will result in malfunctioning drone ... I am not an expert on this, however I haven't heard too much positive reviews coming so far.. I am sure there was a dedicated topic on this on the forum ..
I'm not running out to buy any unless from the manufacturer as I don't find it too annoying and once it's airborne, it doesn't matter. :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy the Mavic Air, absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Beachboy
Cape cod here. Don’t buy em , they aren’t quieter, they aren’t from DJI . Get the DJI care within 48 hrs . The goggles are cool
Thanks! I used to live in Bourne. I have no intention of modifying this aircraft. I bought a mount for the ipad for a bigger screen and not sure I'd like the goggles but thanks for the feedback!

I live in Bourne, flyin the canal is fun, great pics. Harley owner also.

Attachments

• A74E1F98-7C97-4E94-88E8-DAFA72BB5E52.png
    A74E1F98-7C97-4E94-88E8-DAFA72BB5E52.png
    954.1 KB · Views: 5

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom