DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s First try at photogrammetry

SoCal2S

Reactions
Well, not exactly first try, pulled my hair out a few times trying to get a grid shot pattern and an orbit shot pattern to align correctly, but here's one that at least looks like what I was trying to capture. This was rendered in high detail, 350ish 4k jpgs, took a gaming laptop with RTX 3060 about 3 hours to do.

Well, not exactly first try, pulled my hair out a few times trying to get a grid shot pattern and an orbit shot pattern to align correctly, but here's one that at least looks like what I was trying to capture. This was rendered in high detail, 350ish 4k jpgs, took a gaming laptop with RTX 3060 about 3 hours to do.

I guess it worked put for you, but I have no idea what that is or what it's used for.

Looks pretty detailed. Surprised it took so long to render with the size of your graphics card. Mine is a RTX 2060 super and I use Agisoft Metashape Professional (64 bit) and it usual takes about 2 hours to produce a render. 350 photos is kind of a lot and you could have probably got the same detail with about 200-250 and not high res.

Looks pretty detailed. Surprised it took so long to render with the size of your graphics card. Mine is a RTX 2060 super and I use Agisoft Metashape Professional (64 bit) and it usual takes about 2 hours to produce a render. 350 photos is kind of a lot and you could have probably got the same detail with about 200-250 and not high res.
Are you running it on a desktop or a laptop? I'll try to use lower res pictures for the models that I'm just learning and practicing with.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Are you running it on a desktop or a laptop? I'll try to use lower res pictures for the models that I'm just learning and practicing with.
Running on a very small computer for whats out there these days. basically I found the graphics card to be what didacts the speed of renders. Your render is very good and if your happy with the time it took I would not change anything. I just thought your card being bigger then mine would have produced a faster render time. Might also be the program you used. Lots of things to consider. At the end of the day I think your render is very good,

Reactions: SoCal2S
Running on a very small computer for whats out there these days. basically I found the graphics card to be what didacts the speed of renders. Your render is very good and if your happy with the time it took I would not change anything. I just thought your card being bigger then mine would have produced a faster render time. Might also be the program you used. Lots of things to consider. At the end of the day I think your render is very good,
Laptop graphics cards don't perform as well as desktop cards, even if they are both called 3060. And the difference between 2060 and 3060 isn't really that huge. And of course, a totally different program will make a huge difference as well. I will learn at least one more program, probably Colmap because it's free.

I found this program very fast to render. The free edition only allows you to use 50 photos though. If you know where to look you can find full working versions if you know what I mean. ;)

Reactions: SoCal2S
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty