DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First video editing try

FaBeat

Reactions
Hello,

I really would like to get feedback for my first YouTube video. I'm completely new in drone flying and editing videos. I know it's not perfect and there are many more things to learn.
If you have any good tips or tricks what I could change please let me know. :)

Best regards
Fabian

Very nice Fabian !! Just a personal preference of mine I have each clip fade in and fade out fast at both ends - nice terrain for droning !

Great job.
I agree with the transitions.
But some choose for a snap change at the beat of the music.
All personal choice.

Editing has lots to do with personal preferences, like transitions for instance. I agree with them regarding using fade in/out just because it works better with this type of footage.
I complement you on your camera skills, well framed and centered well in special during circling an object.
Location is beautiful and song used match well. If there is something I dislike was during some planning, you did just a bit too fast making frames jumping depending the resolution the viewers are using.
Oh also, drivers were driving on the wrong side of the road lol...
Good job there buddy... Excellent job for being your first editing.

Hello,

I really would like to get feedback for my first YouTube video. I'm completely new in drone flying and editing videos. I know it's not perfect and there are many more things to learn.
If you have any good tips or tricks what I could change please let me know. :)

Best regards
Fabian
Other than it makes me envious compared to my videos, great job. I assume you spent a lot of time videoing different locations then putting it all together. Great stick control. What editor do you use?

Thank you all so much for the compliments and tips.
For the next video I will try to use faster transitions between the clips.

Editing has lots to do with personal preferences, like transitions for instance. I agree with them regarding using fade in/out just because it works better with this type of footage.
I complement you on your camera skills, well framed and centered well in special during circling an object.
Location is beautiful and song used match well. If there is something I dislike was during some planning, you did just a bit too fast making frames jumping depending the resolution the viewers are using.
Oh also, drivers were driving on the wrong side of the road lol...
Good job there buddy... Excellent job for being your first editing.
Yes, they are driving on the wrong side of the road. :D I was only there on vacation. I live in Germany, there we are driving on the right side. :D

Other than it makes me envious compared to my videos, great job. I assume you spent a lot of time videoing different locations then putting it all together. Great stick control. What editor do you use?
Yes, I spent hours for editing and I use Premiere Pro to edit the videos. But I'm happy about the result.

I also use Premiere Pro - good choice.
Overall, excellent job.
Here's my suggestions - coming from film and TV work: This version is nearly double the length it needs to be.
Unless there is narration to cover, the length of each cut could be trimmed to the best half of what you now have.
Sadly, there are people who will watch and say: "I get it - move on!"
This is one of my reels that I did for a group of industry pros. I cut and cut and some scenes are still too long:

In Hollywood, they say: "I'm sure that piece is the best footage you ever shot, but it doesn't drive the story forward so cut it."

The other thing I would say is smooth your moves:

You do good stuff and you could be one of the greats if you make every video a bit better than the last.

I also use Premiere Pro - good choice.
Overall, excellent job.
Here's my suggestions - coming from film and TV work: This version is nearly double the length it needs to be.
Unless there is narration to cover, the length of each cut could be trimmed to the best half of what you now have.
Sadly, there are people who will watch and say: "I get it - move on!"
This is one of my reels that I did for a group of industry pros. I cut and cut and some scenes are still too long:

In Hollywood, they say: "I'm sure that piece is the best footage you ever shot, but it doesn't drive the story forward so cut it."

The other thing I would say is smooth your moves:

You do good stuff and you could be one of the greats if you make every video a bit better than the last.

Thank you for the tips. I will try to keep the length more interesting to people and make the videos half of the length.
Also I have to learn to fly even more smooth. I will learn, learn & learn and hopefully the next video will be a bit better than the last.

I watched your video and the clips are looking great. Good job. :)

Thank you for the tips. I will try to keep the length more interesting to people and make the videos half of the length.
Also I have to learn to fly even more smooth. I will learn, learn & learn and hopefully the next video will be a bit better than the last.

I watched your video and the clips are looking great. Good job. :)

I follow what my YouTube analytics tell me - I try to get within 1.5 minutes since my audience retention is low.
It can be changed to higher using interesting content - but I have always believed...short & sweet counts.

I think it looks great. However I agree with the ones who say that te clip length could be a bit shorter. But I like your camerawork, especially if it is your first video. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: pmshop
Thank you again for the tips.

I will look at my YouTube analytics, but with only one video online it's hard. :D I will continue with new videos and I hope they will get better and better.

I'm trying to use all your tips for the next videos :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Travel_Mate