DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First video with Mini 2 (Utah)

94SupraTT

Reactions
Not my first video (it's my 3rd) ever (I owned a FIMI X8 SE 2020). But it is my first attempt with a Mini 2. I just got into drones 2 months ago and I'm still learning. Having fun so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really very nice. You got me in the end with the waterfall. I thought I was looking down from the top but as you panned and moved up it took nearly until the end to see I was looking at the bottom. I enjoy my mini 2 and wonder at times why I bought the Air models as well.

Reactions: 94SupraTT
Not my first video (it's my 3rd) ever (I owned a FIMI X8 SE 2020). But it is my first attempt with a Mini 2. I just got into drones 2 months ago and I'm still learning. Having fun so far.

Bravo! very nice filming. I would not have thought you could be so accomplished at such an early stage of learning. This compares with the best of them!

Dale
Miami

Very nice, beautiful scenery. I’ve only been flying for a couple weeks, and hope to be able to setup shots like that
This video helped me TREMENDOUSLY. It shows 6 basic movements anyone can do that will really help you capture cinematic type shots. I really only know 5-10 movements but I try to do them slowly and controlled. Also, learning how to "orbit" really opens up a ton of great types of shots.

This is another one but it's more advanced.

Very nice videography for a new pilot. Using Spotlight and POI, you can do a lot. You didn't make the mistake of constant course corrections and flew straight. You did a pretty good job with your gimbal tilts. I'd like to see some clips flying closer to landforms, features.
I can't determine viewing on a cellphone how you used frame rate, shutter, etc, but it looks very contrasty and oversaturated. Did you apply color effects in post or is that default straight off the drone?

Very nice videography for a new pilot. Using Spotlight and POI, you can do a lot. You didn't make the mistake of constant course corrections and flew straight. You did a pretty good job with your gimbal tilts. I'd like to see some clips flying closer to landforms, features.
I can't determine viewing on a cellphone how you used frame rate, shutter, etc, but it looks very contrasty and oversaturated. Did you apply color effects in post or is that default straight off the drone?
What is spotlight, I'm not familiar with this? There are two shots that are automated. The very first shot is a quick shot and the shot at the salt flats where it tracks me briefly is also a quick shot. All the others are me. Honestly I should have done the first shot myself because I'm not happy with how it turned out.

Yeah. The video is color graded via Davinci. Frame rate is 30fps, shutter speed is 1/60, iso is 100.

Flying closer like this?

Nice video. I always wanted to live by the mountains. I love Utah.

Wow! I had no idea Utah look that interesting. You did an amazing job! That has to be up there with the best of them!

What is spotlight, I'm not familiar with this? There are two shots that are automated. The very first shot is a quick shot and the shot at the salt flats where it tracks me briefly is also a quick shot. All the others are me. Honestly I should have done the first shot myself because I'm not happy with how it turned out.

Yeah. The video is color graded via Davinci. Frame rate is 30fps, shutter speed is 1/60, iso is 100.

Flying closer like this?
Yes, very nice. Close and wide shots to mix up the cuts. I like flying close along the ridge line with subtle arcs that follow the landforms. Spotlight is a quick box draw around a subject or feature that allows you to fly freely while the highlighted box remains in frame. Perhaps the mini 2 doesn’t have that feature? It’s on my MA2, but not my M2P
On the color grading… I didn’t realize the Mini 2 does NOT have a d-cinelike profile. That would be a deal breaker for me. I always use d-cine and lean toward a slightly flatter grade, but you should experiment yourself. Looks contrasty and over-saturated.

Wow! I had no idea Utah look that interesting. You did an amazing job! That has to be up there with the best of them!
Thanks! I've been to Utah I think 4 times and it's gorgeous. Honestly I wasn't even in the most scenic area in my opinion.

Yes, very nice. Close and wide shots to mix up the cuts. I like flying close along the ridge line with subtle arcs that follow the landforms. Spotlight is a quick box draw around a subject or feature that allows you to fly freely while the highlighted box remains in frame. Perhaps the mini 2 doesn’t have that feature? It’s on my MA2, but not my M2P
On the color grading… I didn’t realize the Mini 2 does NOT have a d-cinelike profile. That would be a deal breaker for me. I always use d-cine and lean toward a slightly flatter grade, but you should experiment yourself. Looks contrasty and over-saturated.
You're right there is no flat profile on the Mini 2. The FIMI X8 SE 2020 that I owned had a flat profile that I used. (The Alaska video I posted was shot in a flat profile and graded....poorly but graded lol) The Mini 2 has "quick shots" but they don't track very well. Your subject can't move at all. I'm cautious when doing close shots because the Mini 2 does not have ANY obstacle avoidance. Also, it doesn't have a spotlight function like you described. I plan on getting a Air 2S but it wasn't my first priority. I wanted to learn before I plopped down $1200. Also, I travel internationally a fair amount and the 250g limit is what made me get the Mini 2 before the Air 2S. Honestly I think I'll buy another FIMI X8 SE 2020, the Husban Zino Mini Pro (if DJI doesn't release a more capable Mini 3) and the Air 2S. I got my part one 107 about a month ago and I think I'll use the 2S for any work I get.

It's a shame we can't fly drones at Arches or Bryce Canyon, my two favorite spots in Utah.
So true, also there were quite a few state parks I wanted to fly in but it looks like most in Utah only let you fly during the fall/winter. I couldn't quite determine what areas were "wilderness" so I didn't even bother.

Very nice job. Both the filming and the editing.

I grew up in Utah (no longer live there) and I forget how contrasting the landscape came be. The Great Salt Lake shots are stunning with the kaleidoscope of colors. You should really look at doing some HDR photos looking straight down. And Bridal Veil falls I never knew how that looked at the top. Now I know! Great job!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
S13.