DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firware update keeps failing

JMHaro

Reactions
I'm trying to do my first firmware update and it keeps failing on me. My batteries were fully charged. It looks like it gets to about 73% and sits there for quite some time but finally displays a failed upgrade. Then the DJI app is basically locked up and won't let me do any thing afterwards.

The firmware currently running is 01.03.0300.
Trying to upgrade to 01.03.0500.
DJI Go 4 app version is 4.0.4, running on a Nexus 7

So am I doing something wrong or why won't it update. My remote and Mavic are only about 6' away from each other.

Use DJI assistant 2 instead of the phone. It might solve your problem

Rob

Thanks, I was hoping that would work but it's still failing even with the assistant 2 app. When it runs, the Mavic reboots twice but after the second reboot, the assistant 2 app then reports that it failed.

Trying to update to 01.03.0500 the app gets to 68% but then after the Mavic reboots the second time, it shows an "undefined 0002" error.
I also tried to just update to 01.03.0400 but that one gets to 55% and after the reboot shows an "undefined 0x020103" error.

I clicked on the Upload Error log button but that opens a window reporting that I need a Javascript app and only lets me try to search the Windows store for an app which fails trying to find such an app and won't let me view or actually upload the log file. It took me some searching on my computer but I think I finally found the log file. I just created a support issue with DJI and sent the log file, so I don't know if that's going to help or not.

Unfortunately this seems to happen a lot more often than it should. DJI should repair/replace the Mavic fairly quickly.

Rob

Got my first response from DJI to uninstall both the DJI Go 4 app and the Assistant 2 app and reinstall them. Also reformat the SD card in the Mavic. Did all that but still getting the same result, so I responded back to them with my results.

I'm trying to do my first firmware update and it keeps failing on me. My batteries were fully charged. It looks like it gets to about 73% and sits there for quite some time but finally displays a failed upgrade. Then the DJI app is basically locked up and won't let me do any thing afterwards.

So am I doing something wrong or why won't it update. My remote and Mavic are only about 6' away from each other.
I experienced the same problem getting stuck at 73%. The solution to my problem was simple. I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant 2 app from their website and installed the application. I then connected the RC with usb cable to my PC with both the RC off and Mavic Copter. Initialize the remote and then the Mavic and when everything has started then access the DJI Assistant. Worked for me.

Thanks, but the Assistant 2 app didn't work for me.

But from direction from DJI, they wanted me this time to install the older DJI Go App onto my device. I tried it with that version of the app but it still failed on me. Since they wanted me to reformat the SD card before, I decided to do it again using that app. So after it formatted the SD card, I shut everything down and restarted both the TX and the Mavic and the DJI Go App (old one). When the App started it reported that it was upgrading before I could even do anything on it. I tried to stop it by restarting the app several times and even restarting the TX and the Mavic several times but the App kept reporting that it was upgrading (even with a slightly higher percent) each time I started it. I decided to let it run to see if it would get to 100% just so I could quit it properly. But when it got to 100%, it actually reported that it completed successfully. Now both the Tx and the Mavic both report that they are on the latest firmware. So I don't know what happened and hope I don't have to go through this method each time, but at least for now they are updated.

Thanks, but the Assistant 2 app didn't work for me.

But from direction from DJI, they wanted me this time to install the older DJI Go App onto my device. I tried it with that version of the app but it still failed on me. Since they wanted me to reformat the SD card before, I decided to do it again using that app. So after it formatted the SD card, I shut everything down and restarted both the TX and the Mavic and the DJI Go App (old one). When the App started it reported that it was upgrading before I could even do anything on it. I tried to stop it by restarting the app several times and even restarting the TX and the Mavic several times but the App kept reporting that it was upgrading (even with a slightly higher percent) each time I started it. I decided to let it run to see if it would get to 100% just so I could quit it properly. But when it got to 100%, it actually reported that it completed successfully. Now both the Tx and the Mavic both report that they are on the latest firmware. So I don't know what happened and hope I don't have to go through this method each time, but at least for now they are updated.
Hey man just be patient me too ive done 10 to 15 updates using Dji go app or the dji assistant till it successfully updated today. It successfully updated using the dji assistant.

Hey man just be patient me too ive done 10 to 15 updates using Dji go app or the dji assistant till it successfully updated today. It successfully updated using the dji assistant.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Reactions: EsiMavic
I tried to update using the DJI Go 4 app, got up to around 15% then failed. Tried at least 10 times with the app, stillness joy. Did an upgrade using DJI assistant 2 and it worked on the 2nd try. Assistant now reports that I Have the latest 01.03.0500. But when I run dji go 4, it tells me I still have the previous version and wants me to update. Any ideas?

I tried to update using the DJI Go 4 app, got up to around 15% then failed. Tried at least 10 times with the app, stillness joy. Did an upgrade using DJI assistant 2 and it worked on the 2nd try. Assistant now reports that I Have the latest 01.03.0500. But when I run dji go 4, it tells me I still have the previous version and wants me to update. Any ideas?
Did you update both Mavic and RC or just one? You have to do them separately.

It was a pain to get up to the 01.03.0500 firmware, but now I wish I hadn't done it. I fly at a sanctioned area for RC aircraft and drones but this is within 5 miles of Offutt AFB in Nebraska. The first time I tried to fly with the new firmware, it now constantly gives me warnings (full screen message) that I'm flying within a NFZ area. I keep trying to dismiss the warning but it keeps coming back. It's made the DJI Go 4 app pretty much useless to me since I can't fly with the warnings overlaying me screen no matter how many times I try to dismiss it. I finally had to switch over to Litchi just so I could continue my flying for the day.

Hello,

Same problem here, I tried more than 15 times I tried everything, nothing to do, firmware won't update, it always stucks at 74%! I tried with DJI Go 4 and with Assistant on Mac. I tried reformatting SD card and even without card. At the end I always see an error, but then it writtes update 100% successful, but the the version is still 01.03.0550 :-(
Does someone have I last idea?

I had the same issue. I am using a nexus 6p. I tried both the app and dji assitant 2. Neither worked and i also got error log code. How did you fix this eventually?

I've been fighting this issue for the past couple months, but I've been trying everything for the past 24 hours. I tried using Assistant 2 on OSX and Windows (fail at 57%), as well as the Android DJI GO 4 app (fail at 74%). I discovered using Assistant 2, if I turned the Mavic Pro off and then on when it hit this threshold, it continued to success! I read this on another post a couple months ago and didn't try it till now, but can't find the original author. I was running the newest version of Assistant 2 and upgraded from .0550 to 0.0900.

thanks for your reply and i will try it tonight when i got it home hope it will work! You said about the threshold, do you mean by when the drone updates nearly at 73 percent (assume you are using the app) ? Then turn it off and turn back on.

Thanks

thanks for your reply and i will try it tonight when i got it home hope it will work! You said about the threshold, do you mean by when the drone updates nearly at 73 percent (assume you are using the app) ? Then turn it off and turn back on.

Thanks

Mine would repeatably get stuck on 74% for a little over 5 minutes before failing. At 4 minutes of my last attempt I tried the on/off method and it worked. I would time your failure at the stuck percentage and then hold off on resetting as long as you can before the failure.

Reactions: Doyleh13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie