DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Fish Scale Sunset Tonight 2-18-22 Houston

That was really some gorgeous sunset capture.

Can you tell us the rest of the story? (e.g.: drone used, settings)? Please.

Dale
Mavic 3 on Auto settings taking a picture every 3 seconds (around 600+ of them), I then used Davinci to reduce the speed after import to 75% to extend a little more and used a LUT to enhance a little after I stabilized with Davinci.

Attached a still from the many unedited

Attachments

• DJI_0197.JPG
    DJI_0197.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Mavic 3 on Auto settings taking a picture every 3 seconds (around 600+ of them), I then used Davinci to reduce the speed after import to 75% to extend a little more and used a LUT to enhance a little after I stabilized with Davinci.

Attached a still from the many unedited
Thanks VenomX:

I do regular (on tripod) sunsets and sunrises at either 2 or 3 second intervals. The longer the interval, the faster the sun moves, (as does everything else in time-lapse). The problem there is that you wind up with so many more images. The table below does not take into consideration the adjustment of the final show in post with software such as DaVinci or Premiere Pro.
Interval (seconds)​
Frames/min​
Minutes of shooting​
Final Number of frames​
Length of show @24fps​
2​
30​
15​
450​
18.75​
3​
20​
15​
300​
12.5​

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Reactions: VenomXts
I witnessed this gorgeous sunset myself last night.. So upset that I was in a car driving and didn't have my M3 in the air.. Beautiful video and thanks for sharing!

Reactions: VenomXts
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VixorAlex