DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fix Extreme Camera Gimbal Vibrations in Post Prod

zorich

Reactions
Hello guys,

I shot the following videos a few weeks ago and as you can see this is extremely shaky and unusable...

First I thought about a software or hardware problem, but it seems it was because of the strong wind in that place...

I read many threads and learnt about a jello effect/rolling shutter problem but I am not sure this is similar, what is your opinion? I'm quite desperate because I know I won't go to this place ever again...

And do you have any idea if I can fix it in post production with AE/Premiere/whatever software?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

My best

Reactions: kpitti
It happens to me as well: I fixed it with a neutral filter on the lens. The weight of the filter is enough to eliminate the vibration, which - it seems - comes from a software bug in the gimbal's control. So I have read, at least.

No software will fix this issue. Only way to "fix it" is to shoot again if you can.

Your video actually looks like what you get when you use warp stabilizer on the video that can't be saved.

As of right now best stabilizing software you can get for free is DaVinci Resolve but in my opinion you will not be able to fix it.

P. S. One of the best ways to get smooth footage is to film in high frame rate (60 or 120 FPS) and than slow it down in post before you apply something like warp stabilizer.

Thank you for your replies.

Well I spent the entire afternoon to try the tools on Premiere Pro which are said to fix the "Jello Effect" : Rolling Shutter Repair and Warp Stabilizer, but none of them had any effect, the video remains exactly the same with different settings... Do someone know anyone who had a successful experience with this?

I saw this video which seems to have fixed the jello effect :
but I'm not sure the problem was similar :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife