DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixing a broken landing gear

phildebougi

Reactions
The left front landing gear of my Mavic has been broken during its transportation. In order to fix it with an epoxy glue I have unscrewed the gear from the front left arm. After I had separated the gear from the arm I noticed that a small string - made of black plastic - was cutted (probably I had not paid enough attention during the separation). The extremity of this string was sticken to the base plate of the gear. Since I dont know the utility of this string I cannot decide wether I have to re-stick it.
Thank you for your assistance.Gear2.jpg

The antennas are in the front landing gear so the "string" you mention is probably the connecting wire.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
The string you are referring to is the front leg antenna, and it can not be repaired once it has been severed since it is a micro-coax cable. You will need to replace the whole arm that the leg came off of.

It seems that the front leg antenna is still wired as can ba seen on the picture below; dont you think so?

Gear inside.jpg

Attachments

• Gear inside.jpg
    Gear inside.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 19
After I had separated the gear from the arm I noticed that a small string - made of black plastic - was cutted (probably I had not paid enough attention during the separation).

It seems that the front leg antenna is still wired as can ba seen on the picture below; dont you think so?

Yes the coax cable looks good. I thought you said it had been cut. You can just slip on the new leg, and remember to take the black shield out of the old one.

Reactions: rjmuench
In fact after an examination with a magnifier, what I thought to be a cut a cutted wire is in fact a piece of plastic (see first image above). Thank you.

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar