DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fixing a corrupted H265 MP4 from M2P?

DieselE

Reactions
Anyone know an app to retrieve a file that wont play please? Have tried a few but they seem to be geared around H264 and i was shooting H265. Its a gig of file but wont play. Have also tried going via Sorenson and Handbrake and VLC but nothing works. Files after it are fine and those before it were fine too.

Attachments

• corrup file Untitled.png
    corrup file Untitled.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 21
The only time I have had corrupt video files is because I have turned off the copter too soon after landing from a video shoot. The software seems to do some final housekeeping with the video files before they are readable, and if this is interrupted, the file will show as corrupt. The good news is, all you have to do is put the SD card back in (if you took it out) and turn the copter back on for 30 seconds or so. In my cases, this recovered the files, and I was able to review them. That may not be your case however depending on why the file is corrupt, but it’s worth a shot.

Reactions: Thomas B
I think that "put the card back in and fire up the bird" fix only works if it's the last video shot. It sounds as if the OP shot several videos after the corrupt one. Of course, one can try ... (I probably would).

Reactions: Brockrock
Thanks guys - I have tried that and did a test record too. It didn't fix or 'close off' that one dodgy file in the middle. On my big camera i have a file repair function to close that last file that was recording when the battery fell off! Not here sadly. Its a shame as there is a gig of goodness in there and Media Info app does read it as a video file from the metadata. Nothing plays or accepts it though :(

Thank you - staggered at DJI's lack of support, help or suggestions here. They even requested the file from me but nada.

The http://grauonline.de/ looks like the best solution as they dont 'brick' the software after 12 months so you have to buy it again and they offer support in difficult cases too.

Last edited:
For H.265 video files, I would prefer Stellar Repair for Video as it is reliable in fixing various issues in H.265 videos such as broken, truncated, audio lag, missing sound, choppy, jerky, video freeze, and much more. Their prices of licenses are different for a different period. Their support team is also just one call away to assist any issues. To know more how to fix a corrupt H.265/HEVC video file, refer to this article: How to Fix a Corrupt H.265/ HEVC Video File?

Thanks Lizy - I'm reluctant to download and install that and start trying it as doesn't say anywhere how much it costs. Hate such hiding of costs of "free downloads" - just be straight with people and then they can decide if they go with you or not. #miss

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31