DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flashing RC and HD Icons on Galaxy S7 with full bars

TrayBoz

Reactions
I've noticed that the HD Icon and RC Icon also flash most of the time when I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S7, even though I have full bars. This can even happen if the mavic is directly above me. It seems to fly fine and the video signal looks fine and everything is functioning normally. This doesn't happen when I fly in the same area with my iPad Mini 4.

I assume? this must be a problem related to the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.

Anyone else have this problem? I think I understand that these icons flashing indicate some kind of interference.... could it be that the phone itself is providing interference to the RC or HD signals? I DO fly with the S7 in Airplane Mode, if that makes a difference.

Also, using the S7, the DJI GO app itself will suddenly stop and I have to restart it - sometimes never, and sometimes several times per flight. I reboot the phone before each flight and use Airplane Mode. I can't seem to pinpoint why this happens sometimes and why it doesn't other times. It doesn't affect the flight, it just makes me nervous for a few minutes and is a pain in the arse.

I believe it's an application glitch. It happens regularly to me, or it will grayed out. If I re-start the app it goes away immediately. I've heard others think that it's interference related but It's doubtful that any interference magically goes away at that exact same moment. Also, the controller icons are always strong and steady, and I'd think if it were an actual problem, there'd be some indication there. I am with you, as I don't want anything flashing at me while in flight.

It's happened to me loads of times. It's just a bit glitchy. I messaged dji over it and they said they didn't even know what I was referring to. As long as all the rest of your stats are reading good then I wouldn't even worry about it. It will only happen from time to time. Seriously it's nothing to worry about though mate.

@TrayBoz all your reports are pretty known to me.
I "retired" my S7 Edge due so many glitches, freezes and crashes.
I just didn't want to lose my Mavic or even worse hurt someone. Some Android devices are very unpredictable indeed. Sometimes works great, sometimes simply don't.
Maybe in near future with a new firmware... o_O

Maby your temp video full. Try to del it from the app

Thats a good thought!

What's the easiest way to delete any temporary video files or unnecessary
cached files from my Galaxy S7? I know how to delete the Video files on the phone, but are there any "less visible" .TMP files or anything similar that I need to know about?

I have the same thing from Time to time and its not the temp video I have plenty of room left on my S7 . Its not there all the time, so I think it maybe a glitch. I hope!!

Happend to me today .first time full bars ...but i flew from a mounten above meny cell towers
With iphon 6s

"Signal interference at aircraft" is the message i got after around 7 minutes of the RC icon flashing, i had around 4 to 3 bars of sig. and full sig. at the video HD feed. Then suddenly i lost the RC icon all together. This is suppose to be flashing when there is interference near at the RC i thought. its very strange i get it now in almost every flight since i upgraded to firmware .0400. So NO as it turns out its not just a simple glitch that can be ignored. If someone knows how to fix this bug please come forward as this is not caused by interference i am almost convinced but caused by some connectivity issue between the RC and the bird or some FW bug. BTW i wish the 32ch hack was available for the mavic as it was for the P3A/P series. Perhaps i should relink the RC to the Mavic?
i am on FW .0400 on the AC and RC and app version 4.0.5 (i will downgrade to 4.0.4 to see if that fixes the issue) and i am on an S7 with Android Nugat 7.
78594abfe7e38f8261c43b96b98a762d.jpg

I have the same thing from Time to time and its not the temp video I have plenty of room left on my S7 . Its not there all the time, so I think it maybe a glitch. I hope!!
it looks like its an S7 glitch in addition to this happening under normal conditions

Its just a bit glitchy. Same has happened to me must times on xperia z3+. Definitely nothing to worry about though trust me.

I've noticed that the HD Icon and RC Icon also flash most of the time when I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S7, even though I have full bars. This can even happen if the mavic is directly above me. It seems to fly fine and the video signal looks fine and everything is functioning normally. This doesn't happen when I fly in the same area with my iPad Mini 4.

I assume? this must be a problem related to the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.

Anyone else have this problem? I think I understand that these icons flashing indicate some kind of interference.... could it be that the phone itself is providing interference to the RC or HD signals? I DO fly with the S7 in Airplane Mode, if that makes a difference.

Also, using the S7, the DJI GO app itself will suddenly stop and I have to restart it - sometimes never, and sometimes several times per flight. I reboot the phone before each flight and use Airplane Mode. I can't seem to pinpoint why this happens sometimes and why it doesn't other times. It doesn't affect the flight, it just makes me nervous for a few minutes and is a pain in the arse.

The blinking TX and HD symbols indicate that there is some interference in the signals. This can happen even when you have strong signal due to other external radio signals on similar frequencies. It's normal to see this on occasion. The interference in some cases is your own due to the TX bouncing off of nearby objects and reflecting back to the controller RX. Nothing to worry about in most cases. You can try adjusting the antenna position, your orientation, or even where you are standing to help alleviate it.

Reactions: Mr Spock
it has become a permanent thing for me now. even in places where before the RC symbol was not flashing it now does. could it be that i have to unlink and re link the Mavic to my controller?

I've read several reports the S7's are no longer supported devices.
My S7 became very glitchie after the last GoApp update and as a result ended up having to purchase an iPad mini4 to maintain compatibility.

I've read several reports the S7's are no longer supported devices.
My S7 became very glitchie after the last GoApp update and as a result ended up having to purchase an iPad mini4 to maintain compatibility.
i read about it to so i tested today with and S6 edge too. and wifi always off. the issue persists. when i never had this issue in the past though even with the S7. i think it all started when i upgraded from .0200 to .0300 FW. tiday i am on .0400 but still RC would flash at any flight any environment like i said even where i never had the issue before. i do not leave i a city btw and i fly in a large park there is not alot interference there.
Also i am keeping GO app at 4.0.3 version so i am 100% compatible with .0400

Happens to me on every flight. I believe it's when the mavic switches to one of its three occusync phases. It has not been an issue so I wouldn't worry too much

Happens to me on every flight. I believe it's when the mavic switches to one of its three occusync phases. It has not been an issue so I wouldn't worry too much
The question is though why it was not hapening in the past. BTW "3 occsync phaeses? "
I know what occusync is but "3 phases"?

Mine has done it since day one so I can't really say. It's been normal for me. In regards to phases I should have said modes. As I understand it Occusync
consists of 3 different modes:-
1) the 20 MHz mode (having 63 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,410.5MHz to Channel 63 @ 2,472.5MHz, i.e. with 1MHz channel separation),
2) the 10MHz mode (having 73 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,405.5MHz to Channel 73 @ 2,477.5MHz, i.e. with 1MHz channel separation), &
3) the 1.4MHz mode (having 38 channels, from Channel 1 @ 2,403.5MHz to Chanel 38 @ 2,477.5MHz, i.e. with 2MHz channel separation).

The duty cycles for the 3 different transmission modes are 85.15%, 84.16% & 10.4% for the 20MHz mode, the 10MHz mode, and the 1.4MHz mode respectively.

Someone interpreted this information from the FCC filing on what occusync is. I this what you understand it to be?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98