DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight case?

OneSunnyDay

Reactions
I dont think this has been discussed yet, but is anyone looking to buy a peli type flight case for their mavic and batteries?

I used to have one for my P4 and would use it to safely transport it during long car journeys etc, then just transfer to a bag later. Anyone had a look yet at a smaller sized peli. Im sure the big brands will bring out custom ones in the near future that can hold multiple batteries etc safely.

I have not purchased anything yet. I'm interested in people's comments here. A quick check on Amazon show a couple of foam lined hard cases in the $40 range as well as a DJI branded soft shoulder bag at $79. There is a bundle I'm looking at that includes the shoulder bag, two batteries, and a charging hub for $296, about $33 less than the items bought separately.

Any other thoughts out there?

I have a bunch of camera bags (backpacks and shoulder bags) so I'm hoping one of them will work for me.

I would like one for travel (air and such) that is lockable. While I know you can already get a Pelican case with foam that you can customize already (I use them for all kids of stuff) I dont think we will see already customized foam until a while after release. I will probably customize my own, so I can make sure I have space for 3 spare batteries, as well as all the other extras. It wont be my normal carry case, but one when I have to have somewhere waterproof to put it. (camping)

I'm planning to get a Pelican 1400 case for longer term storage, travel, and when taking it in areas where i expect harsh conditions (canoeing, rock climbing, caving, etc...). Any of my backpacks would work for less than dangerous conditions, or quick trips where I really want the mobility.

Based on it's interior dimensions (11.8" x 8.9" x 5.2") the 1400 should fit the Mavic, up to 3 extra batteries, controller, AC charger, Car charger, charging HUB, lens filters, spare props, and an SD card holder. It will be a tight fit, i assume i will need to play a bit of Tetris with the parts on top of the foam to find the right arrangement. But i wanted to find the smallest hard case that would work while also fitting most/all the needed accessories.

I would probably go with something more along the lines of the Pelican 1520, just for some breathing room and so everything has a couple squares of foam between it. It is 16.75 x 11.18 x 6.12 and would allow for the addition of a couple more batteries, if needed, or a spare screen (phone) as well. I will end up with a dedicated iPhone 5S that will stay with the remote, and my iPhone 6S+ will be used for more precise applications.

I dunno about about you guys but half the reason I'm getting this thing is to stuff it in my existing camera case. Flight capability without having to grab anything extra.

That said, I may look into something for dronercycling, but my bike is about as smooth as a jackhammer at idle so it'll likely be on my back to isolate as much as possible

I’m looking for a hard case for my Mavic platinum pro dual control. The primary control with Epson BT-300 and secondary with CrystalSky, 4 batteries, etc. I presume I will have to do my own custom fitting. What materials should I use?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute