DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Checklist

JP Pasaylo

Reactions
Hi,

I am a new pilot of Mavic Air. Anyone would care to share their flight checklist?

Big thanks!

Hello JP. Welcome. For common questions, you can likely find your answers by searching the forum for previous posts. Here are a few on checklists:

Pre Flight Checks

There are a number more as well. My personal advice - make sure any checklist you create includes confirming your aircraft is pointing in the direction indicated on the map after your home location is created. You can find multiple threads on this as the best way to confirm you don't have interference and avoid a flyaway.

Reactions: grendeljaeger
Hello JP. Welcome. For common questions, you can likely find your answers by searching the forum for previous posts. Here are a few on checklists:

Pre Flight Checks

There are a number more as well. My personal advice - make sure any checklist you create includes confirming your aircraft is pointing in the direction indicated on the map after your home location is created. You can find multiple threads on this as the best way to confirm you don't have interference and avoid a flyaway.
Thank you

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
I use a Check list for my Mavic, a app I down loaded from app store for my I pad called ( (Drone Flight Check List) )

It has a Pre Flight Check list (at base), Pre FlightCheck list (in Field) Takeoff Procedure, After takeoff procedure,

After Landing check list, And Emergency procedure. Very help full, all available with just a click of a button.

Welcome fr0m Chicago, Blue Skies and safe flying. The check list will help you to fly safe.

Reactions: Mrveronn
I use a Check list for my Mavic, a app I down loaded from app store for my I pad called ( (Drone Flight Check List) )

It has a Pre Flight Check list (at base), Pre FlightCheck list (in Field) Takeoff Procedure, After takeoff procedure,

After Landing check list, And Emergency procedure. Very help full, all available with just a click of a button.

Welcome fr0m Chicago, Blue Skies and safe flying. The check list will help you to fly safe.
@SpitFire , would you please confirm: I search apple store and the only thing close is called 'Drone Pre Flight Checklist'. Logo is a white square with blue border, Pre and a big checkmark all in blue. Is that the one you like? If so, maybe it's iPad only or something. App has one review - with one star - saying it used to work and now only brings up a blank screen. I got it and this is my experience as well in a iPhone 8 - loads then blank screen.

I hope you like mine, it is an amalgamation of different checklists, personal experience, and other people's experiences, crashes and flyaways from the forums

PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST
-Weather, NOTAMS, Flight plan into the wind

-Check tallest obstacles for RTH height

-Disable phone fast charging

-Batteries, control, crystalsky and phone charged

-Double check that takeoff site doesn't have any metals nearby, avoid sidewalks or anything that may have metal bars inside

-Remove Gimbal Cover and Clamp

-Unfold drone and props

-Inspect drone components - legs, landing gear, sensors, props, gimbal hooks, air inlets, 5 lenses

-Battery secured to the drone

-Check drone is set to RC mode

-Check SD card in slot

-Extend controller antennas

-Check P mode is selected on controller

-Disconnect charging cable from RC (of using external USB)

-Turn on controller

-Turn on drone

-Format SD card if needed

-Confirm batteries are looking good in App (all cells have the same charge) set critical alert to 30%

-Confirm IMU is looking good in DJI Go App

-Confirm Compass is looking good in DJI Go App and is pointing to the right direction - Calibrate Compass if necessary

-Force stop GO4 app, clear background running apps and Run Litchi

-Force stop GO4 app, clear background running apps and Run Litchi

-Confirm Home Point Set correctly

-Set RTH Altitude to appropriate height (remember it climbs to this altitude when engaged)

-Camera focus, exposure and white balance

-AC status light on green

-Foward LEDs ON or OFF

-If flying over water turn sensors OFF

-Start engines and verify sound and vibrations are normal

AFTER TAKEOFF

-Take off, hover at 10m for 10 seconds to acquire precision landing image

-Verify and test all controls

-Confirm VPS reading

-Select desired flight mode

-Start Recording and have fun

AFTER LANDING

-Check battery cells and autodischarge is set to 3 days

-Turn off Mavic

-Turn off controller

-Inspect drone components - legs, landing gear, sensors, props, gimbal hooks, air inlets, 5 lenses

-Attach gimbal clamp and cover

-Enable phone fast charging.

My check list Icon has a Red back ground, with a camera in the center. And, you may be correct, that it only works with apple devices. Does say ( Drone Flight Check list) I still use mine before every flight. Any body else confirm
why it not working with other devices?

It’s actually called “Drone Preflight” by PixelSoft Films and is working fine on my iPhone 10R.

You can print out their standard check list and then reference it to build your own custom list. Not too bad.
NB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand