DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Checklist

Let Us Drone

Reactions
Hey all, just wanted to share my flight checklist with any who are interested. I know there are a few of these out there, but I'm sure someone would like a pdf version. I hit "Add to home screen" and placed it in the "drone" folder on my iPhone so it's quickly accessible. Hope the checklist provides value for some peeps! The picture below is just a screenshot of the checklist. The downloadable pdf. version can be found at the bottom.

Flight Checklist Screenshot.pngIMG-4007.PNG

Attachments

• Flight Checklist.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 168
Good list.

I like Alans list as well @AlanTheBeast :

Preflight Checklist

The first thing on my list right before taking off is "Inhale" and as soon as the Mavic lands "Exhale"

Thanks. Alan's list looks great. Definitely more in depth than mine. Although, I think this is the best advice: The first thing on my list right before taking off is "Inhale" and as soon as the Mavic lands "Exhale".

Reactions: Former Member
I really don't get all these checklists. Do people actually use this before, during and after the majority of their flights??

I'm a certified pilot and love my checklists for that, but I cant imagine why I would need/use it for a drone.

Reactions: FMR
I really don't get all these checklists. Do people actually use this before, during and after the majority of their flights??

I'm a certified pilot and love my checklists for that, but I cant imagine why I would need/use it for a drone.
Perhaps early on when you're new .
Kinda like driving a car stuff like that becomes second nature put to memory

Im a pilot too, and after 45 years of flying I still use checklists for full scale planes, as you do. In my case, a 2 minute checklist before leaving the house is better than getting to the flying site and forgetting a cable, battery or SD card. As I get older, I find that it helps to take notes of everything, and write everything down. A drone checklist helps alot for us geezers, especially those of us who have multiple drones, batteries, chargers, blades, SD cards, etc. that we use daily. It's better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

It wouldnt be so bad if all the batteries and blades in all DJI drones were the same, but if you have a Spark, MA, MP, Inspire and a Phantom, just getting stuff into the car and making sure you have everything is a task, especially if you are part 107 and need to be somewhere fully equipped to make some money.

Last edited:
Her is one of the best prefight checklists i have found it is digital and it gives you go no go options RED LIGHT OR GREEN. I have been using it for over 2 years now and haven't found one better.It is complete. It is designed for the inspire Drone group but it works for all drones, I fly both the inspire 1 pro the 2 and the Mavic Pro and use it for all of them. it is from it is from drone Frontier Inspire 1 Pre-Flight Checklist

Im a pilot too, and after 45 years of flying I still use checklists for full scale planes, as you do. In my case, a 2 minute checklist before leaving the house is better than getting to the flying site and forgetting a cable, battery or SD card. As I get older, I find that it helps to take notes of everything, and write everything down. A drone checklist helps alot for us geezers, especially those of us who have multiple drones, batteries, chargers, blades, SD cards, etc. that we use daily. It's better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

It wouldnt be so bad if all the batteries and blades in all DJI drones were the same, but if you have a Spark, MA, MP, Inspire and a Phantom, just getting stuff into the car and making sure you have everything is a task, especially if you are part 107 and need to be somewhere fully equipped to make some money.

Yes I might understand a packing checklist in that case. I only have 1 DJI product, the MPP. I wont mistake my Taranis, or other RC gear for a Mavic item. I have my MPP ready to go in it's bag, not much I need for it.

If people want to use a drone checklist and it helps them I'm all for it. But to me these lists feel like a checklist from my car telling me to adjust the car seat and mirrors, check tire pressure, make sure I have enough gas, setting up navigation, do I have my driving licence, check the lights... etc. While all valid points before driving your car, nobody has a checklist for it.

I usually take my MPP if I go out with the family. Sometimes there is no opportunity to fly, the weather is bad, maybe its busy area, but if there is an opportunity I have it with me and can take it out to have some fun.

Great list, The only recommendation I would have is to move remove gimbal lock way up, that is before powering on drone.

Reactions: Let Us Drone
I usually take my MPP if I go out with the family. Sometimes there is no opportunity to fly, the weather is bad, maybe its busy area, but if there is an opportunity I have it with me and can take it out to have some fun.

Thats a great way to preserve your memories. If your kids arent grown up, you can keep collecting and editing those family clips and put them all together from time to time for them to see many years from now. My mom always had her Kodak Instamatic when I was a kid, and we all thank her now for annoying us to pose back then.

But to me these lists feel like a checklist from my car telling me to adjust the car seat and mirrors, check tire pressure, make sure I have enough gas

For you, who sounds like a person who flies often, it might already be instinctive. But the occasional flier will also benefit from these lists to reduce the nervousness in prep for a flight, and make sure he or she doesnt forget the important stuff. You drive your car every day, and dont check the tire pressure or oil level, but the owners manual probably tells you to. Im sure you eyeball your tires quickly, check for any damage you didnt see last time, check for cracks in the windows all in a fraction of a second, because Im guessing you drive more often than fly. If people flew their drones an hour or two a day, it would become more instinctive.

Thank
Hey all, just wanted to share my flight checklist with any who are interested. I know there are a few of these out there, but I'm sure someone would like a pdf version. I hit "Add to home screen" and placed it in the "drone" folder on my iPhone so it's quickly accessible. Hope the checklist provides value for some peeps! The picture below is just a screenshot of the checklist. The downloadable pdf. version can be found at the bottom.

View attachment 35669View attachment 35670
Thanks for postng this bro.... very helpful :)

View attachment 35669View attachment 35670
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu