DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight denied

Kevin Cummings

Reactions
I was doing my flight plan and was notifying the heliports within the five miles if where I was going to fly. It started with the usual series of no answer or leaving a voicemail. My fifth call was to a hospital heliport and I was told not to fly within their restricted airspace. I inquired if they expected air traffic at that time to which he replied no and hung up.
My flight was going to be within a 500 foot radius and under 50 feet. I considered ignoring this as he took no specific information from me but decided to err on the side of safety and fly elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I was doing my flight plan and was notifying the heliports within the five miles if where I was going to fly. It started with the usual series of no answer or leaving a voicemail. My fifth call was to a hospital heliport and I was told not to fly within their restricted airspace. I inquired if they expected air traffic at that time to which he replied no and hung up.
My flight was going to be within a 500 foot radius and under 50 feet. I considered ignoring this as he took no specific information from me but decided to err on the side of safety and fly elsewhere.

Did you ask for his name & title? Then ask for his supervisors name & number. Finally just go fly the thing, be smart, & don't bother calling next time.

No I didn't as he hung up the phone. Turns out the second field I went to that was outside their airspace was much better than the first, larger open space and two less places to contact.

My flight was going to be within a 500 foot radius and under 50 feet.

I've found hospital helipads to be a complete joke. One hospital told me to call the Police Dept, and the other hospital never called me back. I need to send them a letter that states my general flight plans and that they are refusing to communicate with me, just to cover my butt if anything ever happens.

BUT, I'd be nervous flying within 500' of a helipad. That's pretty close, even at only a 50' altitude. Maybe that's just me.

It seems all these plans and notification requirements were put in place without notifying the people who need to respond which makes it a complete joke if you want to comply but earn nothing but laughter or odd comments ...

Did you ask for his name & title? Then ask for his supervisors name & number. Finally just go fly the thing, be smart, & don't bother calling next time.

Get the guys name.
Call next time, log the call somewhere as proof of calling and fly every time he gives you a ****** response.

Reactions: aflusche
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok