DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight distance may exceed line-of-sight warning

davshev

Reactions
Has anyone been seeing the recent GO4 warning flight distance may exceed line of sight? I started seeing this a couple of months ago. I find it very distracting, as it obscures my screen. Is there a way to disable this or downgrade the firmware?

Attachments

• flight.jpg
    flight.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 176
Has anyone been seeing the recent GO4 warning flight distance may exceed line of sight? I started seeing this a couple of months ago. I find it very distracting, as it obscures my screen. Is there a way to disable this or downgrade the firmware?
I’m interested in the same thing.
@brett8883 what do you think?

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Thanks, but I can't get access to that page link.
Same here.
That’s because you didn’t check the box in your profile to access it. Go into your account and check this box.
We don’t allow something’s discussed without you doing that.
EB4C9E36-D66A-4B57-AB06-0E0A6A58422A.jpeg
That gives you access to software and firmware mods.

Just remember that if you need to unlock airspace, you can't do that unless you are using the latest firmware.

Reactions: Paulf10 and BigAl07
How long does the message stay on the screen ??
Does it stay on until you fly b
It’s in the latest version of DJI Go 4. Downgrade your version of the app
What version of GO4 does this appear ???

It comes on and you can x it off but comes right back unless
you come back within the limit and the latest go app.
4.3.32 I think.

Reactions: gizmosforall
It comes on and you can x it off but comes right back unless
you come back within the limit and the latest go app.
4.3.32 I think.
What sort of distance will the warning leave the screen ??

What sort of distance will the warning leave the screen ??
It starts around 3900 ft or so and don’t go away till you get
back to that distance. You can x it out but like I said it comes right back on. Looks like this and isn’t big on iPad in top left corner. E5C31D19-D3B5-4634-91E7-EE4C5E89596C.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
Just remember that if you need to unlock airspace, you can't do that unless you are using the latest firmware.
This isn't firmware. It's an app, and you aren't required to use GO 4 to fly. Could use Litchi or any other compatible app.

Last edited:
I have not seen this yet as I keep the drone within VLOS and cannot seem to go very far before I have trouble seeing it in the sky. Admittedly I do not fly as often as I would like to fly.

I'm curious ... when the warning comes on your screen, can you still see the drone in the sky and also see which way it is heading?

We don't need Remote ID. As a community we must simply follow the rules set up, which are for the most part, fair and realistic today. The more we 'as a community' break the rules, the more rules will be implemented, making it all that much more difficult and expensive to fly..

Reactions: NOLADG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S