DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Distance

F.D.Mavic

Reactions
Can any tell me what's the furthest they have flown their Mavic. I have friend that lives about a mile and half away and want make the flight my door to his.

Thanks in advance!

Hey FD Mavic, I don't have the link handy but googled mavic pro max flight distance and found a video on youtube of a guy who flew his MP 9km at about 500m high before turning around and landing back home with about 14% battery left, so if distance is the only issue you're worried about I think you'll be fine!

Can any tell me what's the furthest they have flown their Mavic. I have friend that lives about a mile and half away and want make the flight my door to his.

Thanks in advance!

You should be fine

I live near an industrial park in the suburbs on Long Island wifi and Other frequency all over I get about 14500 ft and I'm still good

Reactions: fiftiesnut
You may want to be really careful if you have any intentions of landing at your friends home. You may lose RC signal, blockage by buildings trees etc.

Reactions: MacIak
I live in a neighborhood with two story houses all around. I only get a mile out before video starts going in and out. Is this normal???

I had one run that went out 4 miles, but that was an exception when I misjudged the outbound tailwind. I can typically get 3 miles with no signal interference or trees etc. A mile if there are lots of trees houses between Mavic and RC

Reactions: Sk8astevo
It sounds fun, and is doable, but make sure you get a lot of flights under your belt before you try it. And read here as well. You'll learn about what gets in the way and blocks the signal, how RTH works and why people crash when it kicks in, and last but not least the benefits of keeping it within sight or at a minimum knowing exactly where it is and what's around it if you do lose sight of it.

Yes, plus flying efficiently. No stops or hovers , and keeping low altitude.
Ok. I didn't realize lower altitude would help the connection. If I'm losinsing video, do I still have control. Can I still hit the return home button?

My max distance so far is about 3 miles, but I'm fairly sure I could go further if I had more open ground. My best launch zone so far is my work, which is in an industrial park on the far edge of town. The only way I can get to 3 miles is staying in the empty fields in between two different sides of a massive vallley. The days I've attempted it has been fairly foggy and overcast, so with better conditions I think I could manage 4.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Ok. I didn't realize lower altitude would help the connection. If I'm losinsing video, do I still have control. Can I still hit the return home button?

There is a setup that when the signal is loss, MP will RTH automatically

Higher tends to be better for reception, helps clear line of sight issues. That's my experience and that of most it would seem from reading here.

Video reception and controller signal are different, they tend to come and go together but are different and one can be lost before the other.

One says lower and another says higher.... can someone who really know confirms ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329