DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight in Tight Spaces

Prop guards, gimbal protector, and now a set of beat up props. Oh, and my judgment has improved. I realized I am not rich and have quit the small spaces. It was good practice though.

What were you flying, a Mini?

Yes prop guards. And a gimbal protector. I did cheat though: i flew pretty slowly, in tripod mode. Most of the clips were speeded up

Yes prop guards. And a gimbal protector. I did cheat though: i flew pretty slowly, in tripod mode. Most of the clips were speeded up
Regardless, I thought it was cool. Good job!

Reactions: Made2Phly
Prop guards, gimbal protector, and now a set of beat up props. Oh, and my judgment has improved. I realized I am not rich and have quit the small spaces. It was good practice though.
Watching this gave me such angst I had to shut it down. The flight of the bumble bee music made it even worse- sort of like the shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" . Why anyone would risk this expensive device repeatedly boggles my mind.

Watching this gave me such angst I had to shut it down. The flight of the bumble bee music made it even worse- sort of like the shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" . Why anyone would risk this expensive device repeatedly boggles my mind.
Money isn't everything. :)

Reactions: Made2Phly
Nice. Use the 6 by grid to help you. I like to go in narrow areas too. But with the phantom. It has a mode to help.
Explain the 6 by grid? Some controller setting no doubt. I launch with no GPS, fly through a "tunnel" of foliage / trees to get out into the open sometimes. Need all the help I can get :)

I thought it was pretty cool video even with the mishaps.
[/QUOTE
Big adenaline and good practice. I was probably pretty lucky to emerged relatively unscathed. The only casualty is I now have a box marked “beater props.“.

The prop guards and gimbal protector make it less risky than it looks. On the other hand, I no longer have the urge to do it.

Last edited:
Explain the 6 by grid? Some controller setting no doubt. I launch with no GPS, fly through a "tunnel" of foliage / trees to get out into the open sometimes. Need all the help I can get :)
Now that IS brass cojones! Prop guards ain’t do nuthin against branches

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique