DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Log Analysis Tool

Skydog

Reactions
Can anyone point me to a flight log analysis tool? And is there a tool that will project the flight path in 3D over a google-like map? I think that would be real cool to review your flight that way.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have a list of flight log tools here.

is there a tool that will project the flight path in 3D over a google-like map?
My online flight log viewer does this. You can try it out here.

Reactions: Smallz and Skydog
It really depends on what kind of data you're trying to find. My flight viewer works well if you need an overview of your flight. When I really need to dig into the log details, I use TXT-to-CSV Log Converter to generate a CSV file of all of the flight data. CsvView is a good tool to use when you want to compare a few data points on a graph.

Reactions: Jeromeo and Skydog
msinger - thanks for the quick reply. While I wait for my mavic do you have any sample files I can play with? cheers.

You can find an example here.

msinger - These tools look like crazy fun. Thank you very much.

How are the .txt files encoded?
It does not look like plain text to me!
(I'm using a Linux OS)

It's not plain text :)

It would be easier to just use one of those tools ;)

Looks like Controller software v 1.8.0 now has a really nice review feature I had not seen before . . . You can replay the entire flight . . look at photos you took and watch all the general flight parameters as you replay the route.
Go to initial start screen with the picture of the P3 P4 showing (camera) choice
Touch top left icon (little paper dart thingy)
and just touch on the flight you want to review
Never got the playback button before but I can now
Very handy

I've put together some code, and hope that some users here would like to test it.

All it does (for now) is convert online a DJI flight log to a downloadable .csv (Excel).
When I'm sure that this is working fine I will be able to do all kind of nice things with.
(I've got some great ideas)
Please note. I've only tested it with Mavic Pro log files! If possible als teste other DJI files!

>> Again.. Nothing fancy .. Just a simple upload > convert and download. <<

Please test it and report back!
URL: BETA - Flight log analyzer ( flightlog.vidnote.com )

The files will be auto deleted after 5 minutes of uploading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, another thing to be obsessive about! :D

Does the system delete each flight when it is shut down?
My log viewer? No. I do purge that after about two weeks though since I do not have enough space to keep them forever.

I created AirBase to analyse DJI flight logs. I designed it to be much more interactive than Airdata etc. You can download a demo at getairbase.com.

If the community finds it of use, I can make a (free) web-based version.

Attachments

• AIRBASE.png
    AIRBASE.png
    596.9 KB · Views: 23
Hi @airbase, i just had a look at your demo.
Unfortunately it does not read logs from M200 or Mavic Air. The only logs readable were from an Inspire 1 and a Mavic Pro.

Do you have any plans to implement more models?

What about licensing? It seems your licensing model is drone based. So, having more aircrafts, do you have to license each model individually?

Thank you for providing us such a new tool!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121