DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Logs Onboard Mavic Air 2?

jclarkw

Reactions
There must be flight logs (or other failure logs that document a communication-loss RTH) stored on the drone itself. (Obviously I could find no information on the mobile device after a permanent communication loss.)

I searched the drone's memory, both internal and external, and could find nothing that appeared remotely relevant to the date of the event. Does anyone know what such files look like and where they would be found?

Reference "RC Lost Contact with Drone; Couldn't Re-Establish" for more on this event. -- jclarkw

You probably have to use the appropriate DJI Assistant 2 to interact with the drone and get the logs. That said I doubt you will be able to read them because I am pretty sure they will be encrypted. Make sure the battery is well charged, it's a slow process, do it log by log, and if possible direct the output of a fan over the drone.

No need at all to go through the hassle with downloading the Air 2's internal .DAT logs... all these internal logs have been encrypted for all DJI models released after the Mavic Pro 1, it's only DJI staff that can decrypt & read them.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
You probably have to use the appropriate DJI Assistant 2 to interact with the drone and get the logs. That said I doubt you will be able to read them because I am pretty sure they will be encrypted. Make sure the battery is well charged, it's a slow process, do it log by log, and if possible direct the output of a fan over the drone.
Just a quick one on this. I have just bought a new Mac Book Air M2 chip and DJI Assistant 2 won’t work on it-it’s too old (like me!). Luckily I still have my old laptop and managed to download Assistant 2 to check on updates for my MA2.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I should have explained my purpose here. DJI wants the logs from the drone to investigate the problem encountered in the referenced thread. I just don't want to give them wholesale access to all my flights for privacy reasons. I thought I could extract the logs relevant to this problem flight (even though I can't read them myself) and send them to DJI without giving them access to everything. -- jclarkw

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I do not have an Air 2 but going by the 'in the drone' logs that I remember looking at/for, from the m2p/z and Mini 1 & 2, the 'individual' logs can be seen, somehow, in their Assistant 2 and individually down loaded.
In addition I have a vague recollection that the m2p/z's individual logs could be subdivided beyond that, into smaller sections.
But I think the logs of the Mini 1&2 could not be subdivided into those smaller sections at a guess the Air 2 might follow the pattern set by the Minis.

Even if the Air 2 allows only a bulk download I doubt it will contain that much flight/use history, there is limited space available for the stroage of these logs and old logs are over written as a consequence.

Reactions: jclarkw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas