DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Record Inaccurate - Should I care?

56_kruiser

Reactions
I was just checking my flight record through Go4. I find it is inaccurate. I know this because it shows my maximum altitude as -34.5'.

Of course, it won't track all of my flights as some are with Litchi. But I wonder why it's so off on altitude.

Any thoughts?

I was just checking my flight record through Go4. I find it is inaccurate. I know this because it shows my maximum altitude as -34.5'.

Of course, it won't track all of my flights as some are with Litchi. But I wonder why it's so off on altitude.

Any thoughts?
Mine seemed to have problems too. Every time I tried to sync, it would go through the process to 100% and then say it failed. I finally cleared the cache using the app and then synced again. Now it succeeds, but some of my flights are missing. I haven't tried it again with the Mavic connected due to weather and life keeping me from flying. I'll let you know if the other flights come back to the list when I do.

Prior to all of this, the summary screen would show my maximum altitude at 95', even though the detailed list showed the flights I made to 300'. Those are the ones now missing. I think the aircraft has it's own copy, but I don't really know that yet.

Could it be that the DJI GO 4 app crashed or stopped working resulting in non-recorded flights? That's what I am experiencing during my flight sessions. When I am able to land the aircraft and stop the motors without a crashed app during prior flight, then I see the flight record correctly. When the app crashed during flight, the record is missing.

I thought at first I was crazy but I too have experienced inaccurate info and missing flights?? I have emailed DJI and of course have not heard back, anyone have any ideas I greatly appreciate it.

Could it be that the DJI GO 4 app crashed or stopped working resulting in non-recorded flights? That's what I am experiencing during my flight sessions. When I am able to land the aircraft and stop the motors without a crashed app during prior flight, then I see the flight record correctly. When the app crashed during flight, the record is missing.
I figure that this is what caused my issues. I'm going to try going backwards to an older version of Go 4. I'm actually afraid to fly like I want out of fear of losing control of my Mavic due to the lack of stability in the app.

My flight record is also wrong, both in max altitude and max distance. I don't really see it as anything to be concerned about, though.

Could it be that the DJI GO 4 app crashed or stopped working resulting in non-recorded flights?

I have had PLENTY of experience with the new version of Go4 crashing, but my flight record has been incorrect even before the update.

Interestingly, I have not had Go4 crash on my Huwaei Mate 9 Android phone. I am on latest versions of everything.

However I have had it ignore object avoidance and fast forward into a tree (some of you have probably seen my posts on that topic).

I wonder if it has to do with the version of Go4.

Back on topic...the reason I havce a bit of concern is that I got my 107 license this week, and am thinking I may want to have good records should I do anything commercial some time in the future.

Most if not all of my flight records show inaccurate height values. Can't tell exactly how inaccurate, but always appear way too low.

On Christmas day, I flew over my house at what had to be 30'-50' or better while my flight record showed 5.2' high. I do understand the measurement is from the launch location and not necessarily from anything directly below, but I launched from my back deck which is 9 inches above flat level ground. After flying back over the house into the same back yard, my height reading was -4.3'. There was 6-8" of snow on the ground and I thought perhaps that might confuse the sonar, but the records have been pretty consistently off no matter the location or conditions.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there any way to get them to be more accurate?

Reviving an old thread.

Checking my flight logs and find they are inaccurate. They show I had multiple flights on 07/04/2020. The location it shows where the flight was conducted was actually flown on 6/6/2020. I find this very strange because the drone has been in it's case since then. No, I don't have kids living home, no my wife didn't use and nor did I loan it to friends. Plus it shows I flew up to 393' which is also very wrong.
Anybody else experiencing this type of problem ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mawfia