DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight restrictions - some help please

Nickyb65

Reactions
Hi

I understand the DJI Fly app is pretty useless and lets you fly in many restricted airspaces, putting the droner pilot at risk from the law.

One of the forum members as recommended Altitude Angel, which seem pretty good.

My question is that I live in a yellow area which states 'area increased risk of parachutes'

The summary states:

SUMMARY
Yellow zones indicate regions where operation of your drone may raise security, privacy or safety concerns.

My question is does this mean I must NOT fly in this zone whatsoever? The plane operates at weekends only (near Chatteris, UK) for parachute jumpers

I understand the red areas are high-risk areas etc and certainly would not fly in these.

Thanks for any advice.

You can fly there no problem at all - just be aware of a potential increase risk.

The only places you cant fly are flight restriction zones or prohibited areas. Have a play with filters - by default AA tends to overwhelm with too much information.

Anything flagged simple as a navigation warning or area of increased risk is fine - it literally means be alert.

1662474747339.pngMight be less cluttered.

Drone Assist app the same - by default it throws too much data at you.

You can fly there no problem at all - just be aware of a potential increase risk.

The only places you cant fly are flight restriction zones or prohibited areas. Have a play with filters - by default AA tends to overwhelm with too much information.

Anything flagged simple as a navigation warning or area of increased risk is fine - it literally means be alert.

View attachment 154404Might be less cluttered.

Drone Assist app the same - by default it throws too much data at you.
Oh that's a relief, thanks for pointing that out. Yes, will be observant and of course follow the rules.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
My question is does this mean I must NOT fly in this zone whatsoever?
As has already been mentioned, you can fly there. However, understand this, you have NO "Right-of-Way" rights, you must give right of way to all aircraft, no matter what their altitude is. And a final warning, if you see a parachutist coming down, DO NOT fly up to Meet-and-Greet or to get that great video as you follow them down to the ground. Give them a wide birth, even a manned aircraft must avoid a parachutist.

Reactions: Nickyb65
Worth noting these nav warnings are mainly intended for manned pilots and aircraft as opposed to drone operators.
You're much more interested in paragliders if you're flying a Typhoon at 250ft/500kts or a SAR helicopter on those hills.

Reactions: Nickyb65
As has already been mentioned, you can fly there. However, understand this, you have NO "Right-of-Way" rights, you must give right of way to all aircraft, no matter what their altitude is. And a final warning, if you see a parachutist coming down, DO NOT fly up to Meet-and-Greet or to get that great video as you follow them down to the ground. Give them a wide birth, even a manned aircraft must avoid a parachutist.
Yes of course, I don't want a fight with my Mini 3 Pro and manned aircraft. Actually, the paras are about 3Kms due east and would of course keep a lookout but certainly no intensions of getting in their vicinity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom