DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flights in Central Europe

jimmyjojo

Reactions
Hello Fine People -

Good day. Please pardon the new account. I'm a pilot from NYC, making a trip to Czechia, Austria and Slovakia soon. The purpose of my trip is shoot architecture, from the ground and the air. I'm aware restrictions are quite tough in Prague, Vienna, Brno, Bratislava - almost impossible to fly legally in these places, but I'd still like to address the forum.
Have people who've flown successfully in any of these places found common procedures and practices to either avoid detection or deal with authorities? I only need 20' straight up and down, but I have lots of concern doing even this in busy areas. I've taken steps to allow takeoff in restricted areas, likewise dealt with DID, am carrying liability insurance, and am considering doing the proper permitting in case of discovery. I'll bring my part 107 card.
Here in NYC, also heavily restricted, I'll usually get on a roof and conduct my flights out of sight, never had a problem with my careful approach, but experience in European cities suggests this may not be so easy to achieve, plus the pressure being in a foreign city.
Sorry this is so long, just wanted to yell and see if anyone has dealt with similar situations. Hope to hear your thoughts and advice but also anticipate stern admonishments to follow every law - can't say I'll always oblige, but I am a very responsible flyer nonetheless. Thanks for reading and yelling back:)

Reactions: 4006448
Maybe start with this website to view the laws in different countries:

Or, just search YT for the various videos on flyers who have actually flown in the areas such as:

yes, thank you - and thank you for the video - I'm aware of the regs, seeing if people have anecdotes or tips for flying legally or otherwise. I'll conduct more research.

Hello Fine People -

Good day. Please pardon the new account. I'm a pilot from NYC, making a trip to Czechia, Austria and Slovakia soon. The purpose of my trip is shoot architecture, from the ground and the air. I'm aware restrictions are quite tough in Prague, Vienna, Brno, Bratislava - almost impossible to fly legally in these places, but I'd still like to address the forum.
Have people who've flown successfully in any of these places found common procedures and practices to either avoid detection or deal with authorities? I only need 20' straight up and down, but I have lots of concern doing even this in busy areas. I've taken steps to allow takeoff in restricted areas, likewise dealt with DID, am carrying liability insurance, and am considering doing the proper permitting in case of discovery. I'll bring my part 107 card.
Here in NYC, also heavily restricted, I'll usually get on a roof and conduct my flights out of sight, never had a problem with my careful approach, but experience in European cities suggests this may not be so easy to achieve, plus the pressure being in a foreign city.
Sorry this is so long, just wanted to yell and see if anyone has dealt with similar situations. Hope to hear your thoughts and advice but also anticipate stern admonishments to follow every law - can't say I'll always oblige, but I am a very responsible flyer nonetheless. Thanks for reading and yelling back:)
Another example of how we have been turned into a bunch of law breakers sneaking around in order to enjoy our hobby . ("avoid detection."!!!).

Dale

Reactions: CvCow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne