DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FLIR cam on Mini2

photo2be

Reactions
Hi!

Due to customer questions I want to expand my MINI2 service to add some kind of FLIR cam to the drone. Anybody who has tried an Iphone with FLIR mounted to the Mini2 OR anything else that could work? I want to measure and photodocument heat leakage from buildings. The weight is not important as I only need 6-7 minutes for each assignment.
Any suggestion welcome.

Best from Sweden

Last edited:
Flight time isn’t the only concern by adding additional weight to the mini 2. You’re increasing the load on the motors and interfering with the dynamics of the aircraft.

I’m not sure what the regulations are in Sweden, but here in Canada you cannot fly a drone heavier than the stated weight by the manufacturer. So in the instance of the mini 2, the takeoff weight cannot be more than 249g. (Unless you submit a safety assurance declaration to Transport Canada and they approve the modification)

Flight time isn’t the only concern by adding additional weight to the mini 2. You’re increasing the load on the motors and interfering with the dynamics of the aircraft.

I’m not sure what the regulations are in Sweden, but here in Canada you cannot fly a drone heavier than the stated weight by the manufacturer. So in the instance of the mini 2, the takeoff weight cannot be more than 249g. (Unless you submit a safety assurance declaration to Transport Canada and they approve the modification)
Thanx Pinpoint, ... do you have any FLIR suggestions...for MINI2? I am approved to fly UAV up to 7kg and I´m certified and insured. I have tried to just load the MINI2 with one Iphone 8+ and it works great. I was in the air for 14minutes. :)

Thanx Pinpoint, ... do you have any FLIR suggestions...for MINI2? I am approved to fly UAV up to 7kg and I´m certified and insured. I have tried to just load the MINI2 with one Iphone 8+ and it works great. I was in the air for 14minutes. :)
Oooooo could you post the DAT log from that flight please? It would be interesting to see how fast the motors were having to turn to carry that weight, 202g?

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
I have the FLIR One Pro. It may work for your needs but you’d likely have to fly quite close to your target due to low resolution. In comparison to my H20T, I’ve notice 2-3° differential at room temperature 10-15%)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580