DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flite Test gives solid advice on FAA Remote ID NPRM (Feb 23 2020)

I’m not sure what to say on that. I have one as well.
Guess we will find out soon.

I found this link after researching - It’s what I was thinking before and read it in a few other places as well. I think it answered my question.

FAA’s draft rules aim to use electronic ID system to put a tighter leash on drones

“The newly proposed Remote ID system would build upon those earlier steps. It calls upon drone manufacturers to make their products capable of sending out identification codes as well as their location. The rules would apply to all drones heavier than 0.55 pounds (8.8 ounces), and manufacturers would have to comply two years after the regulations go into effect”

Reactions: dirkclod
We are basically neighbors! I need to find more legal places to fly close to Durham.
Well in MS now but wish we had had these things when I was there. Right now in MS all we got is mud. ?
Now we better get back on topic. ?

It's only OVERBLOWN until a UAS has an interaction with a manned aircraft and John Q. Public gets afraid to fly. At that point we can kiss our industry ADIOS.

Does this include Amazon, UPS, etc drones?

Reactions: scoble08
Do you think the FAA would ground Amazon, UPS etc drones as a result?

If the public quits buying airline tickets because they “fear” drones yes. Air Travel is a HUGE industry.. many MANY times larger than UAS could even imagine.

If the public quits buying airline tickets because they “fear” drones yes. Air Travel is a HUGE industry.. many MANY times larger than UAS could even imagine.

Yes, of course air travel is a huge industry...many times larger than UAS, however, the FAA/Boeing issue has done little to decrease ticket sales. I think that a non corporate/civilian drone strike would have significantly more negative exposure and response from the FAA/media/public, than a corporate strike.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks