DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Floating handle. Aftermarket or DJI Store version

kjmasson

Reactions
Anyone have any experience with the floating handles available for the OA? Are any of the aftermarket ones trustworthy. Many have excellent reviews and then for the same product there are a couple of negative reviews saying the handles broke off or lock nut came off.
Looking some thought on these before I guy.
Thanks.
KJ

I brought the DJI handle when I got the camera and it's works well. Didn't want to take the risk with an aftermarket product.

Reactions: kjmasson
Anyone have any experience with the floating handles available for the OA? Are any of the aftermarket ones trustworthy.
I use the PGYTech floating handle for my OA and GoPro cams, just to save a little money.

But the very cheap yellow floating handle that seems to come with every third-party action camera accessory pack has worked too. That cheap plastic yellow handle helped me recover a GoPro during a whitewater rafting trip,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01171X0UW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_5I.7EbM6AJ88S

Reactions: kjmasson
So I went an bought one made by "Onn" from Walmart Canada for testing at home.
This thing has a rubberized grip, yellow screw-on tip and yellow safety string/lanyard, and secures to any standard camera casing.
It floats perfectly with the Osmo Action attached. The end is clearly visible in water and sticks out about an inch.
I screwed the plug on tight and left it floating for about 10 minutes - no water inside the handle. (Thumbs Up)
Camera attachment seems solid (plastic) and is likely fine for light use (perhaps not water skiing as it may break if you fall in the water -- or it may not - I'm not testing that), but I did need my Osmo Action's bolt/pin as the one provided is too short and hits the OA's case as you tighten.
I paid $10 CAN at Walmart Canada.

Onn Floating Selfie Stick

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka