DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flown without SD card, where are my videos?

MavicMikeMinh

Reactions
I found in this thread Flying without SD card that I can fly my Mavic without SD card.

Today I forgot my SD Card when I went out with my Mavic, so I tried the flight without, got a warning in DJI GO app that my footage would 'only' be stored on my mobile. All good, I found all pics as .png (not JPEG) in the Photos app on my iPhone in 1280×720 resolution. Better than nothing.

But where are my videos?

You'd see them in the DJI go "editor"... that is as long as "video cache" was turned on in the app.

Thanks for your help. That was the last place I would have thought of. Never even considered to edit anything on the iPhone. I can see them now. How do I get them off onto my MacBook, with iTunes?

Bizarrely, I can select a video, use the share button and am offered "Save video to your device". Eh? They are already on "the device". As I can't retake these videos, the event I filmed is over, I need to be careful with the steps I try.

How do I get them off onto my MacBook, with iTunes?
Yes in the "app file sharing" thing in iTunes you'll find folders, one of them is the videos (don't remember name, I haven't use Apple stuff with DJI devices in a long time, could be DJI_RECORD)

Bizarrely, I can select a video, use the share button and am offered "Save video to your device". Eh? They are already on "the device".
Yeah that's standard and the result of Apple's app compartimentalization, the data is there for this app but no other can access it. "Save to device" = save to gallery, where other apps can then read from and make a third copy for them to work on... stupid, and one of the reasons why I don't use iOS unless really necessary, data exchange is a royal pain.
If you can't find the folder in iTunes then to that Save to Device and grab from the gallery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31