DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App 1.2.2 Adds Attitude Indicator

Updated mine on ios. You have to click those little corners to popup all those indicators. Thanks

Attachments

• 19796A21-0126-4A2A-AD32-DFEABB4A664C.png
    19796A21-0126-4A2A-AD32-DFEABB4A664C.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 109
Nothing for me on Android yet. Neither have I seen the previous update some were discussing last week.

In Go you had to toggle between the map view and attitude indicator on phones, but both were on screen simultaneously on tablets.

They may have done the same for Fly. The screen real estate on the bottom got real crowded down at the bottom, especially if you brought up the map as a thumbnail. Having the toggle without the orientation indicator should make it less crowded and more stable down there.

I agree with your assertion, but they could’ve located it in a better position. Why not place in the same location as the directional locator that was removed, lower center screen? It would’ve made more sense because they could’ve kept the mapview in the corner and had both functioning simultaneously.
Habit is a terrible thing some times. ;) They put it in the same place it has always been in the Go and the Go4 apps....

Reactions: Tony McDrone
This is my concern as well. I use the Aircraft Orientation indicator to assist me in keeping the RC antenna lined up with the aircraft so that I'll always have a good connection. It's easy for me to forget to rotate left/right as the aircraft flies left/right. A quick glance at the AO indicator tells me if need to adjust.
Once you get used to the "new" old indicator, I think you will like it better. I hated the Fly app's indicator but that is because I had used the Go and the Go4 indicator for a couple of years. The one that the Fly app has now not only shows you location of the drone relative to the controller but it should show (I haven't tested it yet) the drone's attitude to the sky which will constantly (if used properly) show you what kind of wind the drone is experiencing, realtime. Here are some tutorials on the indicator from the Go4 app: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=go+4+drone+attitude+indicator

Anyone on android got it? Same 1.2.1 is on DJI download page.
Not as of last night. I haven't checked this morning.

Errr, shouldn't this be version 1.2.2? ?
Correct - I haven't yet got the newest version (I'm an Android user) and my updated version is 1.2.1. [I think DJI's philosophy is to let the IO users debug the new version, and then issue a bug-free version to Android users. As an Andoid user, I don't see a problem with that. :) ]

• Haha
Reactions: magman
Once you get used to the "new" old indicator, I think you will like it better. I hated the Fly app's indicator but that is because I had used the Go and the Go4 indicator for a couple of years. The one that the Fly app has now not only shows you location of the drone relative to the controller but it should show (I haven't tested it yet) the drone's attitude to the sky which will constantly (if used properly) show you what kind of wind the drone is experiencing, realtime. Here are some tutorials on the indicator from the Go4 app: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=go+4+drone+attitude+indicator
I saw a YouTube video on the new attitude indicator. It was non-english, but with YT translator I was able to make out most of it. It showed the (H)omepoint icon and since the operator was very close to the HP the blue dot indicating the RC was partially hidden behind the HP icon. He did show as he rotated around with the RC there was a green arrow coming off of the blue dot to indicate the direction the antenna was pointing. This isn't nearly as visible as the Aircraft Orientation indicator (I used it primarily to help me keep the antenna lined up with the aircraft for best signal.) , but I'll learn to adjust for the new way of doing the same thing.

Installed the newest DJI Fly App v1.2.2 last night, second flight on the new version this morning: having very bad video feed stutter if the new attitude sensor display is enabled. I'm on an iPhone XS running iOS 14.3 -- anyone else able to confirm they're seeing likewise? Happens in all three flight speed modes and both HD & Smooth transmission modes. If I switch to the map it goes back to normal.

Hello everybody and Merry Christmas .
I updated today the 12.2.2 to my I pad .
I flew it with two batteries , no glitches , no problems .
Well received the indicator and the customized fn button , but I trust the map than the indicator .

Reactions: shagam
The new indicator is far superior to the one the Fly app had (if it works, I haven't tested it yet). It is similar or the same as the one in the Go4 app. Here is a short tutorial about the one in the Go4 app:
Thanks for the video. Is there a reason the Pilot’ position is located at the top of the circle pointing down versus it being located at the bottom pointing up in the direction the Pilot is looking? Having a hard time with orientation.

Reactions: magman
Thanks for the video. Is there a reason the Pilot’ position is located at the top of the circle pointing down versus it being located at the bottom pointing up in the direction the Pilot is looking? Having a hard time with orientation.
The Pilot's position should be the center of the circle. A line drawn from the center to the arrow at the top represents the direction the pilot/controller is facing. The arrow stays at the top.

Here's a screen recording of the video live feed stuttering -- it does so even before I started any recording:
Example of Video Feed Stutter in 1.2.2
My first impression of the video raises the following questions: Has the pilot been drinking too much eggnog this morning and is he flying this drone in gale force winds? :D But seriously, are you referring to the one long pause in the video and what device are you using for your display?

My first impression of the video raises the following questions: Has the pilot been drinking too much eggnog this morning and is he flying this drone in gale force winds? :D But seriously, are you referring to the one long pause in the video and what device are you using for your display?
No eggnog :) I just wanted to put it through a bunch of fluid sweeps/circles/figure-eights to put it into constant motion...there was very little wind. There is one big stutter and several smaller within the short span. You can see the telemetry data (including the new attitude indicator) are steaming steady and accurately -- its just the feed thats suffering. Remove that new indicator from view and it all returns to full quality HD stream, no stutters or artifacts...even with the small or large map views up...but put the new meter on the screen and this is the result.
edit: Mentioned in my first post; iPhone XS running iOS 14.3. All firmware updated.

Last edited:
No eggnog :) I just wanted to put it through a bunch of fluid sweeps/circles/figure-eights to put it into constant motion...there was very little wind. There is one big stutter and several smaller within the short span. You can see the telemetry data (including the new attitude indicator) are steaming steady and accurately -- its just the feed thats suffering. Remove that new indicator from view and it all returns to full quality HD stream, no stutters or artifacts...even with the small or large map views up...but put the new meter on the screen and this is the result.
edit: Mentioned in my first post; iPhone XS running iOS 14.3. All firmware updated.
I'm using either an iPhone SE 2020 or and iPad 7th gen both are running 14.1 but I can't test it until Monday or Tuesday, once my wife goes back to work (she doesn't know I have an Air 2 yet ;) ) but from your testing it sounds like something to do with the indicator and or the resources needed to run it.

I'm using either an iPhone SE 2020 or and iPad 7th gen both are running 14.1 but I can't test it until Monday or Tuesday, once my wife goes back to work (she doesn't know I have an Air 2 yet ;) ) but from your testing it sounds like something to do with the indicator and or the resources needed to run it.
Yup, agreed: the craft is flying correctly, just an app/OS bug.

I still don't see the ios update. I might have to start the app and see if it appears.

I still don't see the ios update. I might have to start the app and see if it appears.
Find the app in the App Store then touch the DJI fly logo itself, and follow the prompts from there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB