DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App 1.2.2 Adds Attitude Indicator

Pappy

Reactions
DJI has released version 1.1.2 which includes the new "Attitude Indicator". I have not received the update yet, so I can't comment on it. For those who have it now or in the future, is this a worth wild addition or just more screen clutter?

1608754210488.png

Reactions: WobblingWillie
I only see this update for Apple products so far. I don't see it available for Android.

I just finished the update, but the attitude indicator isn’t there. It looks the same as before, except the direction indicator is missing. Strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hopper13
DJI has released version 1.1.2 which includes the new "Attitude Indicator". I have not received the update yet, so I can't comment on it. For those who have it now or in the future, is this a worth wild addition or just more screen clutter?

View attachment 119966
Lost the orientation indicater at the bottom of the screen after the update

View attachment 119966
Errr, shouldn't this be version 1.2.2? ?

Both modes are there.

When in map mode, press the lower left hand corner of the map screen to go to compass mode.

When in compass mode, press the lower left hand corner of the compass screen to go back to the map.

It is very easy to cycle between these two displays.

So far, I did not notice any glitches in this version.

Attachments

• Fly App 1.2.2 Compass.PNG
    Fly App 1.2.2 Compass.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 562
  • Fly App 1.2.2 Map.PNG
    Fly App 1.2.2 Map.PNG
    3.5 MB · Views: 534
Last edited:
Found it. You need to touch the small compass signal in the lower right hand corner of the map box. It will then change the map to the attitude indicator.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbrettoner
I have version 1.2.2, but still no attitude indicator. I can still switch back forth between the mapview and camera view, works the same as before.
You have to click the arrow icon on the lower left hand corner of the map box.

I know, it is very small and can easily be missed.

To return to map view, click on the pin icon on the lower left hand corner of the compass box.

To return to map view, click on the pin icon on the lower left hand corner of the compass box.
Thank you. I like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbrettoner

I think I've tried that. Here's a screenshot and I keep pushing/touching the "radar" box in the lower left and nothing happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-23.jpeg
    Screenshot 2020-12-23.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 302
I think I've tried that. Here's a screenshot and I keep pushing/touching the "radar" box in the lower left and nothing happens.
That is the attitude indicator in the bottom left corner. For some reason it doesn’t appear as large as it does in the photo provided by @icecoldgin.

Thanks, I just went for a quick flight outside and figured it out. I have to touch the little tiny map pin" icon that's right next to the "H" height indicator. It seems like it would be easier if touching anywhere on the attitude indicator should switch it to the map, but I guess not.

I agree that it is not easy to switch back and forth between the two screens. It would’ve made more since to place the attitude indicator where they removed the directional indicator from, and left the mapview full time in the corner as a thumbnail.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: PacificSkyDreamn
Is the directional indicator gone for good, can I not re-enable it? I dont find it that great using the little arrow on the attitude indicator to know where Imm pointing my remove

Is the directional indicator gone for good, can I not re-enable it? I dont find it that great using the little arrow on the attitude indicator to know where Imm pointing my remove
The new indicator is far superior to the one the Fly app had (if it works, I haven't tested it yet). It is similar or the same as the one in the Go4 app. Here is a short tutorial about the one in the Go4 app:

The new indicator is far superior to the one the Fly app had (if it works, I haven't tested it yet). It is similar or the same as the one in the Go4 app. Here is a short tutorial about the one in the Go4 app:
I agree with your assertion, but they could’ve located it in a better position. Why not place in the same location as the directional locator that was removed, lower center screen? It would’ve made more sense because they could’ve kept the mapview in the corner and had both functioning simultaneously.

This is my concern as well. I use the Aircraft Orientation indicator to assist me in keeping the RC antenna lined up with the aircraft so that I'll always have a good connection. It's easy for me to forget to rotate left/right as the aircraft flies left/right. A quick glance at the AO indicator tells me if need to adjust.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven