DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App Attitude Indicator

Totally agree.

DJI uses the bizarre Soviet-style attitude indicator, which is extremely confusing to anyone who, like everyone else in the world, uses a Western-style attitude indicator.

Check this previous thread where the differences were explained.
mavicpilots.com/threads/brand-new-dji-fly-app-update-to-1-6-8.127767/#post-1446009

See also post#30 in that thread.
mavicpilots.com/threads/brand-new-dji-fly-app-update-to-1-6-8.127767/page-2#post-1460678
True, bizarre Soviet style AI.

Attachments

• Artificial_Horizon_Formats.jpg
    Artificial_Horizon_Formats.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 11
I agree with the issue with the difference between the DJI "soviet-style" attitude indicator & the conventional attitude indicators.

The screenshots below, 1st is an extreme roll to the right due to high winds from the starboard side, & the 2nd is a roll to the left due to winds from the port side. Also note in the 1st example, the extreme roll angle of the craft has resulted in the camera being at its roll compensation limits, shown by the horizon also being tilted, & the attitude roll is opposite to the camera view roll. Confusing!

I think that 1 of the main differences between rotary & fixed wing aircraft that might also cause confusion is that in order to move forward, a rotary wing aircraft needs to pitch forward, regardless of whether it's increasing or decreasing altitude, & especially with UAVs.

From what I understand, the slower (camera) drones fly generally level, sans any wind effects, & that to turn, they more rotate on their vertical axis rather than bank.

I've never flown a fixed wing RC craft, but I have flown a small fixed wing aircraft (1nce, ages ago).

I also agree with the support for the option to switch between the current DJI attitude indicator & an "airplane-style" attitude indicator if desired.

Attachments

• Screenshot_869.jpg
    Screenshot_869.jpg
    909.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_872.jpg
    Screenshot_872.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 8

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members