DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app auto log out, an interesting post by a DJI mod.

1707145970311.png

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
In addition, you'll be logged out if you change your DJI account password.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Wait....in number 2 it says if you connect via an "open wifi" an expiration of the login will be triggered. So...let's say I'm traveling with my drone. My 90 days are up and I need to log in. The only places available might be a Starbucks or McDonalds or some such place. Is that a problem? Are those kinds of places considered "open wifi"? How might one deal with such a scenario?

Wait....in number 2 it says if you connect via an "open wifi" an expiration of the login will be triggered. So...let's say I'm traveling with my drone. My 90 days are up and I need to log in. The only places available might be a Starbucks or McDonalds or some such place. Is that a problem? Are those kinds of places considered "open wifi"? How might one deal with such a scenario?
That's a good question in that it raises the point will you be logged out even if 'it' does not connect to any wifi and, going by the screams of frustration on the DJI forum, I think the answer is yes.....
However my interpretation of 2) is that, if it does connect to Starbucks wifi and your 90 days are up then IT WILL log you out.
That said I suspect you would be able to login via Starbucks wifi.

The other point to take note of is 3), the log out will be transmitted to any other FLY APP using device that is logged into that DJI account.
I see this if I log one of my phones out, all the others are logged out the next time they connect to the internet.

Until clarified, I assume the open wifi bit is just some bad English that miscommunicates what the speaker intended, so we're reading it as is and getting the wrong idea.

I've logged in, unbound, and bound drones many times, even recently, on all sorts of wifi connections, including "open" (no pass code, my interpretation) access points. I rebound my mp4 to the RC2 just yesterday connected to Safeway's open customer wifi while I was in the parking lot.

Couldn't fly due to weather, so I was goofing around with it in the car while my wife was shopping.

Until clarified, I assume the open wifi bit is just some bad English that miscommunicates what the speaker intended, so we're reading it as is and getting the wrong idea.

I've logged in, unbound, and bound drones many times, even recently, on all sorts of wifi connections, including "open" (no pass code, my interpretation) access points. I rebound my mp4 to the RC2 just yesterday connected to Safeway's open customer wifi while I was in the parking lot.

Couldn't fly due to weather, so I was goofing around with it in the car while my wife was shopping.
Good day sir. I noticed that you have unbound and bounded drones. I have mavic air 2 and accidentally unbound my drone. Problem now is on the dji fly app it states there is nothing to bound. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

..Good day sir. I noticed that you have unbound and bounded drones. I have mavic air 2 and accidentally unbound my drone. Problem now is on the dji fly app it states there is nothing to bound. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you're sure you've following those instructions correctly, then you should contact DJI support for assistance.

I may have missed it in the thread but if it wasn't mentioned, when I come across anomalous behaviour such as this DJI has invariably suggested I reset the firmware by connecting the drone to the computer and using the appropriate app to reset firmware. Try that for both the drone and controller. After that if you still can't bind them then I agree that contacting DJI is the next step.

"Open WiFi" generally means an access point without any password or security. Even MickyD's has passwords these days. Your phone can also act as a "hot spot", and you can assign a password. In most cases, you have to. That should work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas