DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly automated missions with Waypoints 2.0 in DJI GO (The Complete Guide)

Hi
read through the guide, I tried switching off the rc and ac but djigo4 then does not allow any further editing contrary to the statement in the guide, am i missing something?

I tried switching off the rc and ac but djigo4 then does not allow any further editing contrary to the statement in the guide
What happened instead?

How about DroneDeploy.com? It's not free, $800+ a year when it's on sale, but it sure is easy to use. I've mapped 80+ acres with it, done lots of practicing with smaller sites. It got me a job offer when I showed a couple maps and 3D models of a park to to a parks manager.

I like and use “Map Pilot” for that type of work. It is a lot cheaper and you only pay per map if in fact you want one. There are meany surveillance and search missions that can be done with Map Pilot that do not need to create a 3D map however impressive they are.

top of the screen shows "disconnected" any waypoints set and the go icon disappears, no further waypoint activity is possible.

Android version

The same thing happens for me on Android. When I wrote this guide, Waypoints 2.0 was only available in the iOS version of DJI GO. I'll update my guide to note that this cannot be done on Android.

another odd item is after saving a route in the task library, a seventh icon appears in the menu activated by the three dots and it has chinese characters under an image similar to the save icon but with an second outline, seems like a bug

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 29
another odd item is after saving a route in the task library, a seventh icon appears in the menu activated by the three dots and it has chinese characters under an image similar to the save icon but with an second outline, seems like a bug

Seems like it would mean COPY???

Folks have asked for a translation of another prompt on the DJI forum and no one from dji has responded.

It says "Save As" and you can use it to rename the files automatically named by Go4.

Reactions: Pilot143
Hi, has anyone tried a waypoint mission with obstacle avoidance on, and encountered one, if so what does the ac do?
I tried searching but did not find anything that specifically answered this question

Thanks in advance for any responses

Hi everyone,

Something strikes me odd... isn’t there supposed to be a mission pre-flight that tells me the full distance and time to fly it and whether or not the current battery charge-level can achieve that mission etc? I have a 17 WP mission planned with 4 POV and distance (as taken from loading WP pop up) 4885 meters. And the drone would just GO.
So far so good... then I created another test course with 20 WP and distance of 20600 meters and again, no errors reported - the drone would GO. Am I missing something here?!?
Considering that I fly 80% of my mission over WATER, I fell odd to start it this way. I can imagine that the drone won’t fall out of the sky when battery runs out in the middle of the course but why let me start the mission?!!

Hope you can teach me how it’s SAFE to start into greater courses without that kind of headache.

Thanks, Jake

I try to search the stacks before starting a new thread. This pointer to an excellent read about using and setting waypoints was worth dredging up 1/2019 here in 4/20. Question (1) I have built a route that takes off on the edge of my yard, up to 130’ then cruises to a series of circular firing squad around a POI above abandoned golf course. Purpose of this mission is to see what condition the course is in. Then fly back safely and quickly to LZ. The distance is about 4 minutes of cruising speed 15 mph. Barring extreme wind surprises, if my WP’s take another 4 minutes on site, 5 minutes back say that’s a 13 minute mission. The remote POI is one mile away. The flight path is over only wooded area. I will loose visual contact but will still be within 25% of the distance limits. Do M2P pilots do this. It’s so easy to break the visual line of sight rules. Comments? And (2) when dry running the path from WP1 to WP2 the guy in the video is flying blind backwards thru sticky branches, ah, wow, and do those micro adjustments turn into smooth flight by learning his moves in manual course between points? Thanks for posting the very helpful reference- Rusty

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest