DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly automated missions with Waypoints 2.0 in DJI GO (The Complete Guide)

so, there is no real solution to use those waypoints for 3d mapping? only way would still be to use litchy? can that app do it - shoot a series of photos at regular intervals while it traverses via series of waypoints?

How about DroneDeploy.com? It's not free, $800+ a year when it's on sale, but it sure is easy to use. I've mapped 80+ acres with it, done lots of practicing with smaller sites. It got me a job offer when I showed a couple maps and 3D models of a park to to a parks manager.

Would be nice if we can prepare a mission in the app (or Google Earth/Maps) without the need to be connected to your drone.

Are all obstacle avoidance sensors active for Waypoints 2?
Obstacle avoidance can be used for the direction the aircraft is traveling. Like usual though, you shouldn't rely on it since it's not perfect. Plan your route carefully to ensure there are no obstacles along the intended flight path.

Thank you very much for the excellent guide. Just a simple addition: you suggest to use Google Maps/Earth to check heights/obstacles. Maybe you should add the info, that depending on the location, Google Earth isn't very exact either.

Greetings Jürgen

Side sensors were not active on WP2. I'm sure they'll add it eventually like they have for other modes.

The Waypoints 2.0 feature allows you to create and automatically fly highly customizable waypoint missions in DJI GO with your Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom. This detailed guide explains everything you need to know to use this feature.

Fly automated missions with Waypoints 2.0 in DJI GO (The Complete Guide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi and thanks for your contribution...it is excellent as always since I´m around

Just a simple question that...I´m almost sure I know the answer...

Is this feature possible with a Mavic Pro?

Thanks for your help...

Reactions: dlopezjurado
There's a review suggesting that Litchi is easier to use as it can be done on a desktop or larger unit and it is easier to edit missions or correct mis-entered waypoints and name things.
I agree 100% I use Litchi all the time love their waypoint I create them on my iPad and fly it later.

It is good to see the option in DJI Go now. And I will use it sometimes.
But litchi still has big advantages. Biggest one is offline and max speed! 29 kph vs 52kph is a huge difference if you need distance.
But unfortunately litchi does not support FCC hack in EU. So I think we will still need both for some time.

Is there a way to move around the Map without accidentally puting in another waypoint by accident ?
Tap the screen (hold your finger there) and drag it. If you accidentally add some points, tap the delete icon in the top menu to clear them all after you get to the correct location on the map.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka