DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Away

JW SRQ

Reactions
Right after I launched my Mavic Air it hovered for a few seconds and then flew away very fast on its own.
It crashed into some mangroves , then the saltwater. I have purchased another Mavic Air and I’m trying to understand what happens to my first drone. It had 12 Satellites, compass was calibrated, was not near power lines. I was launching it from a small inflatable boat in a cannel. Other than calibrating the compass I have never updated or calibrated the drone.

I was launching it from a small inflatable boat in a cannel.
This sentence could mean a lot of things to a lot of people (and most of them not good).
Start by posting your flight logs.

Instructions for retrieving the txt flightlog can be found on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
I do not know if the Mavic Air's DAT flight log is a readable one but just in case it is it might be useful to post that as well. The DAT will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder where you found the txt flight log.

Instructions for retrieving the txt flightlog can be found on DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
I do not know if the Mavic Air's DAT flight log is a readable one but just in case it is it might be useful to post that as well. The DAT will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder where you found the txt flight log.
Thanks, I have never looked at flight logs.

This sentence could mean a lot of things to a lot of people (and most of them not good).
Start by posting your flight logs.
Will try and locate the flight logs.
We were camping on the Gulf of Mexico at a waterfront site.
We take our 12 ft inflatable with us. It not a raft. It holds four people and has a 10 hp motor. I have launched my drone form my 21 ft boat a couple of miles offshore in the past with no issues.

Start here:

My only, and rather obvious, perception is that if you launched the drone from your raft, the drone set THAT location as the home point, and whilst flying you moved the raft, and for whatever reason RTH was activated, YOU WOULD HAVE BIG PROBLEMS.
You do understand that, right?
Of course you do.
So that can't be it.
Or is it.

My only, and rather obvious, perception is that if you launched the drone from your raft, the drone set THAT location as the home point, and whilst flying you moved the raft, and for whatever reason RTH was activated, YOU WOULD HAVE BIG PROBLEMS.
The OP explained that he launched, the drone hovered and then took off.
Clearly it's not the issue you are suggesting.

Until the OP returns with flight data, there's not much anyone can do to advance this.

Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78