Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Fly aways!

Marcburden

Reaction score
How common are these?
And how many have lost drones, when they dont respond?

just a general question before i buy one.

ChipDjipro

Reaction score
90% of the time the flyaways and crashes are caused by pilot Errors. I have owned the Mavic pro and the inspire. Not once have I ever experienced one problem. If you do what you’re supposed to do and make sure that the home point is set and you have over 10 satellites before you take off chances are you will not have a proplem. All it takes is a little common sense.

Reactions: UAVNV and Prospero

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
How common are these?
They are pretty rare. If you look through the "flyaway" threads in this forum, you'll find most of them were caused by some type of pilot error.

UAVNV

Reaction score
From what Ive studied most flyaways that have been researched usually involved some type of pilot joystick input, improper sensor settings over water, flying over certain environments the manual advises against, also launching from areas that had rebar under the concrete, causing magnetic interference and compass errors after takeoff.

as a general rule, if you do happen to see any errors, land immediately and takeoff from a new position, for me if anything acts funny at takeoff (which it has) I call it a failed launch - and start over from the beginning of a pre flight checklist I created.

DJI Drone Service
All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maier_t