DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Fly Fishing and droning

Did you let them know there were no fish. :p

Back in the 80s the fishing was incredible! Sadly Hat Creek lost its luster as it became silted in. Recently Cal Trout has started the restoration process, but it has a long way before returning to past glory.

I went fly fishing in Norther CA. and took the drone. While fishing Hat Creek I asked a couple fly fisherman if the wouldn't mind if I flew my drone. One said he had a Mavic Pro and said feel free to film them too.

Lovely footage. Nicely done! It was great that you asked them permission and even better that they agreed.

Anything about fly fishing excites me! They should have tried Montana! see attached

Attachments

• Dale-with 27 inch cutthroat trout 2.JPEG
    Dale-with 27 inch cutthroat trout 2.JPEG
    675.6 KB · Views: 15
Fly fishing & droning... life is best in combinations. If I can fly & film, kayak, hike and bike over a weekend, that’s my idea of a good weekend.

Fly fishing & droning... life is best in combinations. If I can fly & film, kayak, hike and bike over a weekend, that’s my idea of a good weekend.
Hear, hear!! right on!

I'll include motorcycling with that. I have almost 90K miles on my 2014 BMW GS and take the drone with me all the time!

Lovely footage. Nicely done! It was great that you asked them permission and even better that they agreed.

Anything about fly fishing excites me! They should have tried Montana! see attached
Hi D ...I know you released this catch. I have never done any fly fishing, so is a release mandatory in some rivers or did you just acknowledge the contest with a release of a a fine breeding specimen?

I always tell folks interested in fly fishing that the act of casting is the easy part! It's figuring out what the fish are eating is the tough part! At any given time the trout will key in on one insect, but what stage ;) There's the nymph, immerge, and spent stage. The trout will ignore you if you don't match the stage and hatch. There can be several insects at various stages at the same time, but they only eat one. The are catch and release streams plus put and take planted streams. Some catch and release streams will have a slot catch and keep. Say 2 fish between 8" and 10" or one over 18", but most folks just put them back on catch and release streams. I don't like the taste of fresh water fish!

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803