DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly forest Ostersund Sweden

Torbjörn

Reactions
G'day

I am a forest owner hoping to overview my property to check windfallen trees, clogged ditches, treeplantation, bush clearing,
campers etc.

I visited Elmia forest fair 9th of june and was fascinated by the
Mavic Pro so I purchased one - and just now got an Iphone 7 plus dedicated to the remote, taking away most apps to minimize disturbances I read about.

Anybody experience of flying in a pattern, waypoints, survey,
high or low altitude and related settings very welcome to comment !
I will happily report back, Thankyou

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

forest owner? COOL. For automated flights you can always try Litchi App which gives you the opportunity to plan your flights before takeoff and with specific waypoints and altitudes. For instance, you can pla a mission to check a part of the forest and capture photos or videos at specific points, However, you have to be very careful when planning such missions since they are fully automated and you have to be sure that the quad will clear tall tree tops and hills. Be very careful with ground elevation. Another good thing about litchi is that you can go to places without the need to keep your signal to the controller. If you plan to keep DJI original app, DJI GO 4, be sure that for long distance manual flights you should always keep clear and unobstructed line of sight between quad and controller, otherwise your signal will drop fast. Flying from high ground is a good idea for such flights. There are other apps that do area mapping if needed, like Drone Mapping App, where you can set instructions and map a large area. You can find lots of info if you search this forum. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Fly safe...

G'day

I am a forest owner hoping to overview my property to check windfallen trees, clogged ditches, treeplantation, bush clearing,
campers etc.

Mavic Pro so I purchased one - and just now got an Iphone 7 plus dedicated to the remote, taking away most apps to minimize disturbances I read about.

Howdy from Wyoming, Torbjorn, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

G'day

campers etc.

In sweden you are only allowed flying 120 meters above ground and only in line of sight or with a spotter. And no filming before the 1st of augusti when it becomes legal again. That was the legal stuff. :)

Welcome here and I think you will enjoy the mavic with crystal sharp movies from high altitude. I have flown a lot of quadcopters and haven´t seen a more stable or better camera like this and also foldable which is a big plus for portability.

For this you need to use Litchi, wich is the best app for flying waypoints.

Last edited:
Whats the problem with campers? Do you chase them away with the drone? It's my favorite holiday transport. This summer we went to the North Cape trough Sweden. Now we must be afraid of your attack drone?

Welcome to this forum [emoji1][emoji106]

forest owner? COOL. For automated flights you can always try Litchi App which gives you the opportunity to plan your flights before takeoff and with specific waypoints and altitudes. For instance, you can pla a mission to check a part of the forest and capture photos or videos at specific points, However, you have to be very careful when planning such missions since they are fully automated and you have to be sure that the quad will clear tall tree tops and hills. Be very careful with ground elevation. Another good thing about litchi is that you can go to places without the need to keep your signal to the controller. If you plan to keep DJI original app, DJI GO 4, be sure that for long distance manual flights you should always keep clear and unobstructed line of sight between quad and controller, otherwise your signal will drop fast. Flying from high ground is a good idea for such flights. There are other apps that do area mapping if needed, like Drone Mapping App, where you can set instructions and map a large area. You can find lots of info if you search this forum. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Fly safe...
Thanks a lot for all info.
Step by step exercising around our fields and buildings learning camera.
My birddog got very excited barking/chasing the new intruder.

Reactions: Hexagon
In sweden you are only allowed flying 120 meters above ground and only in line of sight or with a spotter. And no filming before the 1st of augusti when it becomes legal again. That was the legal stuff. :)

Welcome here and I think you will enjoy the mavic with crystal sharp movies from high altitude. I have flown a lot of quadcopters and haven´t seen a more stable or better camera like this and also foldable which is a big plus for portability.

Yeah, I am reviewing apps. What about Hangar Autopilot ?

Whats the problem with campers? Do you chase them away with the drone? It's my favorite holiday transport. This summer we went to the North Cape trough Sweden. Now we must be afraid of your attack drone?

Welcome to this forum [emoji1][emoji106]
Anybody is welcome to camp and roam the forests with respect to nature
according to our liberal laws. Village FB group have reported weird behaving
vans/campers and raids into summer cottages.

With a flawless piloting light aircraft for 30 yrs I know to stick to
the rules. Great reiterating with the Mavic,

Hi guys,
Looking for automaic scale on pics.
Idle for sometime cuz of bad weather and moose hunting. Started over again and flew before and after thinning with pix4d which is easy to use and get satisfactory pics of the canopy.
Standard check of density is to count number of trees in a circle of 100 m2
at a number of sampled plots returns an average of trees per hectar.
On the ground a string of 5,65 m gives the sample area.
It would be phantastic to make this count from the air getting the right scale
so you could count directly on the image.
Pix4d gives the measure of one pixel, 1,75 cm on 50m height. Counting pixels you need a reference length on the ground.
An inserted square like the focus frame that keeps the right scale would do.
Any hints how to get this ?
Re Tor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S