DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly in ATTI mode?

gnuPilot

Reactions
I know there is no way to fly in ATTI mode with the DJI Go 4 app but I was wondering if you could use one of the third party apps like Litchi or Auto Pilot?

I know there is no way to fly in ATTI mode with the DJI Go 4 app but I was wondering if you could use one of the third party apps like Litchi or Auto Pilot?
No - this won't work either.

The only way to switch manually to ATTI is to repurpose the flight mode switch and, for example, replace sport mode with ATTI mode. That requires some reprogramming.

Has this actually been done?

Did you happen to make a thread on the process?

Those kinds of firmware alterations, even though they are not related to removing manufacturer flight restrictions, are generally outside the scope of this forum, so I haven't seen any threads that detail the process. You need to put DJI Assistant 2 into debug mode and then alter the value of parameter "g_config_control_control_mode[1]" from 8 to 3.

A quick Google search will show you how to enable debug.

This is exactly what I wanted to do, part of getting a licence involves flying in atti mode but I could never find a way to force the ac into atti mode!

Why fly Atti?
For example because what the previous poster says. He needs to fly his drone in Atti to be able to do the flight exam. Another reason is when you're flying indoors. You don't want the GPS suddenly to kick in while flying close to a window. Or you want smoothness by letting it drift with the wind, only yawing to keep the subject in the frame. Typical pro aerial film strategy.

I might do that mod very soon. I could lose sports mode for my applications. But the promise of being able to switch to Atti and keep it that way for as long as I decide is hard to resist.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAVA4

Aluminum foil on top of drone.

Will block GPS signal.

Go open space and above 15m (VPS range).

Have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857