DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fly more bag doesn't fit charger

the Fly More bag for the MP has been perfect, although I did unpick the centre partition so the drone had a little more wriggle room. I keep the bag on my body when flying, so I can move around and not be attached to a pile of precious stuff, and can quickly put it away. Nothing says “look at me and what I’m doing” more than a large camera bag and gear. I suppose the hard case gives you a professional look, but as a working professional I don’t feel the need for that. Cartier-Bresson famously put gaff tape over the logo on his Leica. I get that. As a 40yo woman I am mostly invisible anyway but I certainly don’t want any attention when flying my drone. I’ve rarely been approached.

I have a separate small bag for the chargers for travel. I also keep in the car at all times a universal battery charger (learnt the hard way, twice) and the DJI car charger. Funny, I’ve never needed them now they are there.

That will be the system I continue with for the MP2.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no way the multi charger brick fits in there. You gotta have items on the outside stretchy parts. I feel traveling with this thing everything should fit nice inside the bag just like the mavic air.

I'll just have to get a hard case I guess. I just hate the bulk. The mavic air bag is small and perfect fitting for everything. I just feel the pro should be the same.
I fit everything in the bag without using the mesh pockets. I did use the front pocket.

Photos attached.

- 3 batteries (one installed)
- controller
- multi charger AND power brick
- car charger
- cables, micro fiber cloths, etc

I just used the little card attached to the bag as a starting point.

Bottom section under the flap:
1 battery (turned sideways) and power brick.

Top section:

Controller on one side.
Multi battery charging brick and 1 battery on the other side.

Big section:

Mavic Pro 2 with 1 battery installed.

Outer pocket:

Car charger. Cables. That little thing for charging your phone in the field.

Top pocket will probably be for ND filters. I could slide some extra props in the mesh pockets.

My guess is that what’s throwing you guys off is the way the controller and the multi battery charging hub extend above the zipper. You just need to realize there is another inch or two of space above the zipper once you close the bag.

Edit 1:
I added a side view photo to clarify what I mean about the controller and hub extending above the zipper (FYI: the controller actually extend a little higher than the hub)

Edit 2:
If you leave the power brick and multi battery hub at home, you could fit 5 batteries in the bag.
- 1 battery installed
- 2 batteries bottom section. A tight fit but they fit sideways.
- 2 batteries in the top section.
- controller on the other side of the top section
- car charger, nd filters, props, or whatever in the front pocket.

Edit 3:
Make that 7 batteries if you use the mesh side pockets.

Conclusion:
You guys are terrible packers. ;-)

Attachments

• D6D93EE7-59D0-407F-95CD-937F0DFC942F.jpeg
    D6D93EE7-59D0-407F-95CD-937F0DFC942F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • 1437B0FE-5CAC-4D01-BC3E-9BDB03A7A841.jpeg
    1437B0FE-5CAC-4D01-BC3E-9BDB03A7A841.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 69
  • F9E5E188-571F-4855-A6BA-02DD84C17C72.jpeg
    F9E5E188-571F-4855-A6BA-02DD84C17C72.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 64
  • A8C648DD-1739-4B05-ABD9-4E52FA2C17BE.jpeg
    A8C648DD-1739-4B05-ABD9-4E52FA2C17BE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • 0AF2554A-3108-4FAF-831F-75D1F49FF85B.jpeg
    0AF2554A-3108-4FAF-831F-75D1F49FF85B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I’m just disappointed that after two years, and experience from the Mavic Air, DJI couldn’t come up with a better designed fly more bag. To me this seems to simply be the original Mavic bag just a bit bigger. I tried using the original but quickly moved on to about 6 other bags until I settled on the Tenba Messenger DNA 10.

I have the Air too and really do like how it’s laid out. I’m not a big fan of the big weird pocket on the Air bag, but I actually find myself using it sometimes.

Their people had two years to redesign this Mavic Pro 2 bag-this redesign probably took about 10 minutes to figure out.

Z

Which simply goes to show that they can't please everyone. I really like the original MP bag, and I like the size and functionality of the new M2P bag.

You guys just aren’t thinking it through. See my post above with pictures. EVERYTHING fits.

Its a perfect bag. Leave your charger at home and there is space for 7 batteries! (And still room for the car charger)

Reactions: Mavic 57
I fit everything in the bag without using the mesh pockets. I did use the front pocket.

Photos attached.

- 3 batteries (one installed)
- controller
- multi charger AND power brick
- car charger
- cables, micro fiber cloths, etc

I just used the little card attached to the bag as a starting point.

Bottom section under the flap:
1 battery (turned sideways) and power brick.

Top section:

Controller on one side.
Multi battery charging brick and 1 battery on the other side.

Big section:

Mavic Pro 2 with 1 battery installed.

Outer pocket:

Car charger. Cables. That little thing for charging your phone in the field.

Top pocket will probably be for ND filters. I could slide some extra props in the mesh pockets.

My guess is that what’s throwing you guys off is the way the controller and the multi battery charging hub extend above the zipper. You just need to realize there is another inch or two of space above the zipper once you close the bag.

Edit 1:
I added a side view photo to clarify what I mean about the controller and hub extending above the zipper (FYI: the controller actually extend a little higher than the hub)

Edit 2:
If you leave the power brick and multi battery hub at home, you could fit 5 batteries in the bag.
- 1 battery installed
- 2 batteries bottom section. A tight fit but they fit sideways.
- 2 batteries in the top section.
- controller on the other side of the top section
- car charger, nd filters, props, or whatever in the front pocket.

Edit 3:
Make that 7 batteries if you use the mesh side pockets.

Conclusion:
You guys are terrible packers. ;-)

You my sir... are owed a beer from me. (runs to go try this)

You guys just aren’t thinking it through. See my post above with pictures. EVERYTHING fits.

Its a perfect bag. Leave your charger at home and there is space for 7 batteries! (And still room for the car charger)

Your a friggin genius man. Seriously Nasa needs to hire you. PERFECT!!!!

Ok I like my bag now. I actually put the plug in cord in the top lid zipper mesh part under the lid and the front pocket is for extra props. everything fits inside! omfg why couldn't I figure that out

Reactions: Rick Lohre
Your a friggin genius man. Seriously Nasa needs to hire you. PERFECT!!!!

Ok I like my bag now. I actually put the plug in cord in the top lid zipper mesh part under the lid and the front pocket is for extra props. everything fits inside! omfg why couldn't I figure that out
If I only I could tell my mom she was wrong about me - turns out all those hours playing Tetris weren’t a complete waste of time.

Reactions: TBird and Talley
For driving in car regular fly more is fine. For hiking comfortable backpack is a must have. I have three hard cases bought for total of 20$. For drone, controller and two batteries. Just drop them in regular backpack with plenty of room to spare. Easyest and cheepest solution for using with any backpack you already have

Like others have posted, even though you can cram everything into the Fly More case, I prefer to use it when I won't need the charger, or perhaps only needing the car charger.

For anyone who has the excellent NANUC 920 MP case, I was able to do some light trimming with an X-acto knife and easily fit my M2P, with 3 batteries, both chargers, an Otter box case for memory, extra props, and misc cables.

nanuc920-m2p.jpg

Reactions: NXPRSS
I put my 2 batteries in the outside stretch pockets. You can push the buttons and see the charge value through the mesh. A hot battery will also cool down faster in the mesh pockets.
this is an attractive solution, for the reasons you mentioned it. I considered it, but decided the additional protection of the padded interior was more important, given the vital component the batteries are. Not good to expose them to sharp impacts.

Not sure why others are having difficulty packing everything. I get it all carried by the bag. Car charger in one elastic pouch, charging hub and wall charger with AC cord in the other. Snug, but not difficult to get it all in there.

I use the Dacckit case in the attached photo. I am charging a battery so a couple things are missing77C37E3D-6C4F-4358-8C0A-F493FE98AD17.jpegi leave the Mavmount bracket for my iPad loose. The charger stuff (except for the cord) goes in the long space next to the batteries, with room for my lume cube on top. I have (4) batteries so I use the 4th battery space for a couple of cords. In the mesh pocket on the top, i carry colored lenses for my lume cube, spare props,Mavmount lanyard, etc.
Now this is the kicker- i hated the bag that came with the flymore package when i got it. Now that i have a ‘real” case to store my stuff in, i use it for short trips where i only pack what i need- controller, Drone and batteries- plus that is where i keep my Smart Controller! If i want to use my iPad on the Mavmount, i’ll take the Dacckit pack. It works out well for me, but i’m still new at this so take my suggestions with a grain of salt and do whatever works for you.
Also, i dont have a car with an outlet that you can plug in the car charger- so thats one less thing to deal with.
One more thing- i HATE the idea of having to attach and detach the joysticks every time you take it out or put it away. (I tend to drop/lose small things like that)While i found it was physically possible to fit lots of stuff in the flymore bag, the clutter associated with doing that significantly impacted my ability to have fun. I used to backpack, and it wasn't for the joy of packing my pack every morning ?
...and now that i wrote all that, i see this thread is 2 years old...?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones