DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Fly More Combo" worth it?

I have the combo on order 30-09-'16 still on hold.
But what i read and have seen online is positive, 3 batteries - the boss, car charger - a big +, charge hub - nice, extra props - a must some day, the bag - quality and portable!

So yes, glad i got the combo and will wait some more.

I have the combo on order 30-09-'16 still on hold.
But what i read and have seen online is positive, 3 batteries - the boss, car charger - a big +, charge hub - nice, extra props - a must some day, the bag - quality and portable!

So yes, glad i got the combo and will wait some more.
The bigger issue is you get batteries right away. Trying to get batteries will be a problem. I remember how other releases have gone and getting necessary accessories have been problematic. I figured my order may be delayed because I ordered the package but... when I got it I wouldn't need anything except for.. ND filters which I ordered already from polar pro. 1 battery is simply not enough for me.. I think I would be ticked even more if I had to wait to get the bird then wait for a battery.

Reactions: moocows42
I had a lengthy convo with DJI Jewel [emoji184] last night. They told me my batteries, bag and hub was being held up due to the lack of Batteries available. She said they are sending my hub and bag, but it would have to wait for the batteries.

I was so upset. Pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Im still toying with the idea of canceling my fly more combo and wait until February to reorder .......

Hello!

So I was wondering what you all think about the Mavic bundle which is $1300 (2 extra batteries, 2 pairs of propellers, charging hub, battery-to-phone charger, DJI bag). I do think having a total of 3 batteries would be very nice, but an extra $300 for the batteries, chargers, propellers, and bag seems too expensive--I wish I could exclude the bag since its $79 (according to DJI, you'd be saving $82 with the bundle).

I was thinking about just getting the Drone+Controller & one extra battery ($1089ish); it be helpful to hear what you guys recommend especially since this is my first drone and experience with RC devices.

Thanks!
Happy flying - m4v1c

EDIT: Are extra batteries backordered too :/?
Get the fly more combo. U won't regret it.

I have a few friends who bought the basic package and are now begging for me to loan or sell them one of my batteries.

However I can't sell it as I find that 3 batteries is just nice to cover the effort of going somewhere. I actually have a 4th batt in order and plan to have up to 6 batts. These batteries won't come so soon though as hey are needed for the basic or flymore packages.

Reactions: jointeffort
I took the Fly More for the batts and the car charger, not to mention the "hub" charger that charges 4 batteries in sequence (charges the "most" charged battery, then the next and so on.) That way you go to bed the night before and walk out with all your batts topped up for the morning flight.

I'll probably add another 3 batteries over time and perhaps buy a deep discharge battery to leave in the trunk of the car to top up batts while I'm flying the next session.

I tried the carrying bag. Brand new it is far too tight. So when I went to my friend's house to show him my new camera (heh!) I had trouble getting it out of the bag. Like something was snagged. Not sure it's worth it at all - we'll see if it stretches over time.

I might just put some padding in a plastic food pail and keep all the gear in there.

Reactions: MavProJNG
I took the Fly More for the batts and the car charger, not to mention the "hub" charger that charges 4 batteries in sequence (charges the "most" charged battery, then the next and so on.) That way you go to bed the night before and walk out with all your batts topped up for the morning flight.

I'll probably add another 3 batteries over time and perhaps buy a deep discharge battery to leave in the trunk of the car to top up batts while I'm flying the next session.

I tried the carrying bag. Brand new it is far too tight. So when I went to my friend's house to show him my new camera (heh!) I had trouble getting it out of the bag. Like something was snagged. Not sure it's worth it at all - we'll see if it stretches over time.

I might just put some padding in a plastic food pail and keep all the gear in there.
For a mere $27 you'll like this backpack. Works good.

Acuvar DSLR Camera Backpack with Rain Cover Amazon.com: Acuvar DSLR Camera Backpack with Rain Cover: Electronics

upload_2017-2-3_13-12-30.png

Fly often, be safe

Last edited:
Reactions: Valkman1291
My buddy waited almost 2 months for his batteries. No way.

The DJI bag that came with the package is absolutely perfect. It has a number of compartments that fit the components perfectly. The bag is smaller than an iPad .. I took it with me on my Razr.. ended up unexpectedly going through a really muddy area. Drenched the bag in mud.. let it dry. Wiped it off...back to being perfect again. I can't say enough about the Mavic and the flymore bundle. The bird that goes everywhere....because you can take it with you without a huge case or backpack. DJI hit a homer with this package.

Phantom 3p, 3a, 3, 4 and other brands sit on the shelf or are only flown after I have exhausted the three batteries. Get it guys you won't regret it. By far the best I've owned and the compactness of the Flymore package is the best of the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Acuvar DSLR Camera Backpack with Rain Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0106JCS2C/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apap_rngPxvRCGn9h8

Fly often, be safe

I have an old small camera bag that I use as a "things" bag on long road trips. It usually carries batteries, chargers, an inverter, cables, and so on. Perfect for the Mavic P and all the accessories. Ready to go tomorrow - at least one good flight before going to work!!

Acuvar DSLR Camera Backpack with Rain Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0106JCS2C/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apap_rngPxvRCGn9h8

Fly often, be safe

Backpack is nice but I just think that is overkill. Get the regular bag or something close in size. You just don't need a full sized bag unless you are carrying the charging devices. The incredible part of the Mavic is just how compact it is. Until you actually hold one and use it you won't appreciate it. Lol...

I took out the P3 today with the full sized hard case. Used it today because I knew what I was filming would take more than 3 flights. So I pulled out the P3p. Holy moly...lugging around that case stunk. I actually put the Mavic in my backpack with my lunch, iPad, chargers and laptop.. flew the P3 first and everyone thought it was amazing. Then the Mavic.. sold 3 more Mavics... I think I need a commission again.

Is it worth it, bearing in mind the batteries delay, etc., ? 100% absolutely yes - the ext4a batteries and the battery charging hub alone make it so.

Reactions: m0j0
Appart from the bag (which is okay, but overpriced I think and also not usefull as far as I'm concerned since I'm a photographer and already have a backpack holding it all, including my new Mavic and batteries now), the bundle is clearly good.

The combo is good. The bag is actually good. It's very compact and people just don't know how to pack it in my opinion as I get my drone and controller in there fine without problem plus it's all in one small neat package that looks very 'unlike a drone'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has batteries now.
I received mine in December. I like the flymore kit.
I did also get a slight bigger bag to carry everything and accessories, but like the little Mavic bag for short hops with the bicycle, or motorcycle if I know I don't need my battery chargers.
Something that bothers me is catching the props on the bag removing the Mavic from it.
So I designed these and printed them on my 3d printer out of Ninja Flex, which is a gel/rubber type material that wont nick the props.
16179200_10211891809435783_7661292557748599856_o.jpg

I love the combo, love the bag, its so small and ususpecting! I fit the 3 batteries, the mav, controller, cords, spare props, filters, Ipad 4 mini and a git'er back float with zero issues. Super high quality and a waterproof base too, love it, totally worth the extra price.

Everyone has batteries now.
I received mine in December. I like the flymore kit.
I did also get a slight bigger bag to carry everything and accessories, but like the little Mavic bag for short hops with the bicycle, or motorcycle if I know I don't need my battery chargers.
Something that bothers me is catching the props on the bag removing the Mavic from it.
So I designed these and printed them on my 3d printer out of Ninja Flex, which is a gel/rubber type material that wont nick the props.
16179200_10211891809435783_7661292557748599856_o.jpg

I like the Ninja Flex solution you came up with, but is the gel/rubber not to sticky going into/out of the Mavic bag?

Appart from the bag (which is okay, but overpriced I think and also not usefull as far as I'm concerned since I'm a photographer and already have a backpack holding it all, including my new Mavic and batteries now), the bundle is clearly good.

I think it is overpriced but that is mitigated by buying the combo. I love the bag. It is small and fits everything.. spare props. Cards and batteries. It is basically the size of a binocular case. So I'm loving it and think it is one of the highlights of a great package.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I like the Ninja Flex solution you came up with, but is the gel/rubber not to sticky going into/out of the Mavic bag?
I have not experienced issues with it going in and out of the bag. While it is soft and flexible it really is not very sticky.

Hi all,

First post! Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I was just pondering this very thing. B&H currently has a promo on Mavic Pro with and without the Fly More combo, and I went with the full shebang. I was curious about the combo savings, so I itemized:

Standard Price - $999 - Mavic Pro (+$300 for Fly More Combo)
B&H Promo - $949/$1234 (+$285 for combo)

Fly More Combo includes:

$178 - 2x Intelligent Flight Battery
$79 - Shoulder Bag
$49 - Car Charger
$39 - Battery Charging Hub
$19 - Battery to Power Bank Adaptor
$18 - 2x Propeller Pair

Subtotal: $382

So it looks like at regular price, you're saving $82, or basically the cost of the bag. With the promo, you're at $97, or approximately one battery and one extra pair of propellers. So it's not a huge deal, but I understand these aren't discounted very much or very often.

Hopefully this helps someone else that might be deal hunting! I'm sure I'll be on here with some video footage in the coming weeks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada